Sign Out After Inactivity RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a setting that will sign out a user completely after an extended inactive time.

A users left his PC on last night and communicator was signed out when he returned this morning.

Friday, April 25, 2008 3:25 PM

All replies

• I am curious about this too. I wasn't sure though if it was caused by inactivity or by the address book being updated at 1:30 AM and that forcing log outs. My biggest issue is that when the user comes back to their pc in the morning it is prompting them for domain/user and password. I can click cancel to get that to go away and they can sign in with no problem. However, I need to get this resolved before rolling it out to the enterprise.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:15 PM
  • This also occurs in our environment, but does not happen for all users. All machines are joined to the domain. I have turned on logging in Communicator to see if we can catch what's happening after hours.

Thursday, May 1, 2008 5:59 PM
  • In our enviroment we have the same behavior? Is a workaround available for this issue?

AB

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:06 AM
  • I echo everyone here! 

Our client is noticing the same issue.  Any thoughts/solution?

Thursday, August 7, 2008 2:41 PM
  • Maybe the System goes to sleep and looses connection

Maybe the Network adapter goes to sleep and only wakes up when keyboard is touched

Thursday, August 7, 2008 7:38 PM
  • We have been having this issue since April and have found no solution. The PCs are not going to sleep, hibernating, or losing connection, they just randomly disconnect. If you change availability or some attribute and hit sign on you don't have to retype username and password. Only certain users are experiencing this problem and only randomly.

We really need a fix for this problem so our users quit complaining. Also, it seems to be just XP, our Vista users have not experienced the problem.

Friday, August 29, 2008 4:57 PM
  • Since you are not getting prompted for credentials, it doesn't sound like an authentication issue.   However, take a look at the post below that I created... It fixed our issues. 

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3795728&SiteID=57

Also, make sure the NIC isn't set to power off to save energy (doesn't matter if the machine hibernates or sleeps).
    Friday, August 29, 2008 7:32 PM