Message passing for new Operation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody

I have to write my own factor. I have read the documentation for creating a new factor and operators. I don't understand how I can define messages which should be passed through edges. I studied EP in detail but I can't find the right messages to be passed in my own factor. As far as I understood, in EP message passing, the value for each variable node should be approximated using the posterior computed in the factor node in each iteration. That's like computing the inverse of factor function and re-distribute the value again to the variable nodes. Am I right?

Would you please give me some clue in this case? How can I define the messages? My Operation is a complicated one, with four parameters. These parameters have not an equal role in computing the factor. For example one is a power and one is a coefficient.What should I do in this case for defining messages?

Any help is appreciated!

• Edited by Capli19 Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:06 PM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:25 PM

Answers

• It sounds like your question is about how to derive the EP equations for a particular factor.  That is outside the scope of this forum.  Try asking your question on another site like Cross Validated which is oriented toward mathematical questions.
    • Marked as answer by Capli19 Monday, September 1, 2014 1:44 PM
    Monday, September 1, 2014 1:05 PM
    Owner