MS OFFICE PROFESSIONAL PLUS 2010 does not work in Windows 7 Safe Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Noel D Patton says that MS Office Professional Plus 2010 is de facto counterfeit because it is only available to companies in bulk for use on their own computers. 

I hope he is not correct: I purchased MS Office Professional Plus 2010 through my company's EPP (Employee Purchase Plan).  I was sent a download link from the Microsoft Home Use Program at Digital River. 

I have been using this for almost a year now.  I receive all the usual MS updates. The only problem, as I have just discovered, is that I cannot use it when I boot in safe mode. Something about not being able to find the license.  I thought I would try to get MS to validate it but found that the validation tool has not been updated to include Office 2010.  I need to be able to use this in safe mode on occasion.

I am not an IT professional: please redirect me if this is not the correct forum.

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:33 AM

Answers

• "NotRiley" wrote in message news:d4e3f430-87fc-461d-864d-78b69c7bfe48...

Noel D Patton says that MS Office Professional Plus 2010 is de facto counterfeit because it is only available to companies in bulk for use on their own computers. 

I hope he is not correct: I purchased MS Office Professional Plus 2010 through my company's EPP (Employee Purchase Plan).  I was sent a download link from the Microsoft Home Use Program at Digital River. 

I have been using this for almost a year now.  I receive all the usual MS updates. The only problem, as I have just discovered, is that I cannot use it when I boot in safe mode. Something about not being able to find the license.  I thought I would try to get MS to validate it but found that the validation tool has not been updated to include Office 2010.  I need to be able to use this in safe mode on occasion.

I am not an IT professional: please redirect me if this is not the correct forum.

Thanks!

The fact that you acquired it through your employer makes it valid, as part of the HUP program - your employer holds the validation license.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:47 AM

All replies

• The tool will not be updated for Office 2010.  The Office Genuine Advantage program has been deprecated.  If you go to the Microsoft Genuine Advantage main page at

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/genuine you will see the forum for OGA now reads

Closed - Office Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Office) Read-Only

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:12 AM
    Answerer
  • "NotRiley" wrote in message news:d4e3f430-87fc-461d-864d-78b69c7bfe48...

Noel D Patton says that MS Office Professional Plus 2010 is de facto counterfeit because it is only available to companies in bulk for use on their own computers. 

Thanks!

The fact that you acquired it through your employer makes it valid, as part of the HUP program - your employer holds the validation license.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:47 AM