Unattended Install of Speech Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am creating a batch file to do a full unattended install of the speech server and our application the Aumtech MRCP Connector.

As a part of the unattended install, I am installing the prerequisites (ASP.net and Message Queueing) using sysocmgr.exe and a Windows Answer File. However, this requires the Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 CD for installation. Is there a way I can avoid using the Service Pack 2 CD for the install?

If I install the same components from the Add/Remove Programs UI, it does not ask for the CD for the install.

Most of our customers will be installing the operating system from a network or it will be pre-installed, so it would be nice to avoid using the CD.

What I have done for now is to add the i386 folder from the Windows CD to our Installation DVD. That still requires some interaction from the user to navigate to the appropriate file within the folder. Also, are we allowed to put the i386 folder on our installation DVD (in terms of licensing, etc.) if we know that the Windows Installation is a valid install? Is there a way to confirm that the Windows installation is a valid install?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
    Kalpan

Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:05 PM

All replies

• I'm using sysocmgr.exe without a problem. There must be somthing in your configuration file causing this. Here is what I use:

Command Line:
    sysocmgr.exe /i:sysoc.inf /u:SYS_CONFIG.ini

SYS_CONFIG.ini:
    [Components]
    ; IIS 6.0 Configuration
    aspnet = ON
    complusnetwork = ON
    dtcnetwork = ON
    bitsserverextensionsisapi = ON
    bitsserverextensionsmanager = ON
    iis_common = ON
    iis_inetmer = ON
    iis_smtp = ON
    iis_asp = ON
    iis_www = ON

; MSMQ
    msmq_Core = ON
    msmq_LocalStorage = ON

[InternetServer]
    PathWWWRoot="C:\inetpub\wwwroot"

- Marc LaFleur
    Friday, February 13, 2009 12:39 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Marc!

I tried using your SYS_CONFIG.ini and I am still being asked for the CD during the install.

I even tried changing the Source Path and Installation Sources REG Keys in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup

Can you tell me what those values are for your server?

Thanks,
    Kalpan
    Friday, February 13, 2009 9:00 PM