No speech path from Nortel CS1K to OC Client after resuming a call on hold RRS feed

• Question

• In a setup with OCS and Nortel CS1K, we are experiencing the the speech path from a Nortel IP Phone to an OC Client is lost after resuming a call that was put on hold from the OC Client.

From Snooper the communication flow is as follows:

Ring IP Phone from OC Client                                    

OUT       OC Client             INVITE                                  IP Phone

IN           OC Client             100 trying                            IP Phone

IN           OC Client             183 session progres           IP Phone

IN           OC Client             101 progress report            IP Phone

IN           OC Client             101 progress report             IP Phone

IN           OC Client             180 ringing                          IP Phone

IN           OC Client             180 ringing                          IP Phone

IN           OC Client             200 ok                                  IP Phone

OUT       OC Client             ACK                                       IP Phone

Media session                                  

Call is put on HOLD on OC                                            

OUT       OC Client             INVITE                                  IP Phone

IN           OC Client             100 trying                            IP Phone

IN           OC Client             200 ok                                  IP Phone

OUT       OC Client             ACK                                       IP Phone

No RTP sent                                      

Call is resumed on OC Client                                       

At this point the speech path is perfect from OC Client to the IP phone, but there is no sound at all going from the IP Phone to the OC Client.

Saturday, August 16, 2008 10:40 AM

All replies

• I have a similar problem, after many test calls I noticed that once I take the call back from hold, both the mute microfone and mute speaker options were selected. After deselecting these I had speech once again. Let me know if this is true in your case.
    • Proposed as answer by FrankVerharen Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:34 AM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 10:38 PM
  • I had the same problem on cs1000 release 5.0

After installing the latest service pack from Nortel the problem was fixed.
    So you have to open a case at nortel, or just download the MPL service pack.

Frank

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:46 AM