none
MPI Version RRS feed

• Question

• Which version of MPI is the current Windows implementation built upon? More specifically, does it support MPI-3?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Thursday, February 5, 2015 3:52 PM

Answers

• MS-MPI feature content is largely user-driven, and we support subsets of different versions of the standard. For example, our attribute behavior is MPI-2.0 compliant (around Fortran/C language interoperability), but we support most APIs introduced in MPI-2.2.  We added a subset of MPI-3 functionality in our latest release (mainly shared memory windows), and are in the process of adding more for our upcoming release.

Is there a specific feature you would like to see supported in MS-MPI?  Having input like this helps us prioritize feature development.  You can always email us your feature requests at askmpi@microsoft.com, too.

Thanks,
    -Fab

• Marked as answer by P-Max Friday, February 6, 2015 2:02 PM
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 7:38 PM

All replies

• MS-MPI feature content is largely user-driven, and we support subsets of different versions of the standard. For example, our attribute behavior is MPI-2.0 compliant (around Fortran/C language interoperability), but we support most APIs introduced in MPI-2.2.  We added a subset of MPI-3 functionality in our latest release (mainly shared memory windows), and are in the process of adding more for our upcoming release.

Is there a specific feature you would like to see supported in MS-MPI?  Having input like this helps us prioritize feature development.  You can always email us your feature requests at askmpi@microsoft.com, too.

Thanks,
    -Fab

• Marked as answer by P-Max Friday, February 6, 2015 2:02 PM
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 7:38 PM
  • I'm trying to use it for mpi4py which requires an MPI implementation though I seem to not quite be able to figure out how I best proceed in installing it. This at least answers one of my issues. Thanks!
    Friday, February 6, 2015 2:30 PM