70-685 Pro exam... "Certificate?" RRS feed

Answers

• You passed an exam out of order and I suspect that is confusing the certification calculation engine in the Certificate Manager.

Most folks would attempt to pass the 70-680 exam first before taking on the more challenging exam, 70-685.

Since you already passed 70-685, when you pass 70-680, you will have earned the MCITP: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician certificate. Good luck on that exam!

It is strange that it is not working for you. I went into the Microsoft Certified Professional site and clicked on the link to open the Certificate Manager: https://www.mcpdigitalcert.com/MCPDownload/CertificateManager.aspx

I can download the Microsoft Certified Professional certificate.

**NOTE: Be sure to step completely through the wizard (keep clicking Next at the bottom of the screen) to download the .PDF of your certificate(s)!

After you pass 70-680, you should be able to download and print three certificates - MCP, MCTS, and MCITP.

Looking at your "second to last" question above, remember that your validate certification with your transcript.

BTW - After passing your first exam, be sure to wait at least a week for your transcript to "settle in." I've seen additional certification titles suddenly appear after passing upgrade exams.

If you still don't think it is right, send an email to mcphelp@microsoft.com. Be sure to include your MCP ID from your transcript. They can tweak your transcript if necessary.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Sunday, August 26, 2012 1:18 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Blondboy47,

Congratulations on passing the 70-685 exam. I wish you every success on the 70-680.

You implied that the errors in the 70-680 text frustrated you, causing you to abandon study for that exam. I assume you were talking about the MS Press MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680). If that's the case, don't worry. I can recommend some other resources. Here they are:

Books: Don Poulton MCTS 70-680 Cert Guide: Microsoft Windows 7, Configuring

MS Press MCTS 70-680 Rapid Review: Configuring Windows 7

Practice Tests: SelfTest Software 70-680 Practice Test

Online Resources: Microsoft TechNet

Good luck on your 70-680 exam. You're one step away from becoming an MCITP.

• Proposed as answer by tooleyrose Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, September 4, 2012 10:16 PM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:34 AM

All replies

• You don't get certificates for "Pro" certifications and I'm pretty sure you no longer get a MCP Certificate when you pass your first exam.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Sunday, August 26, 2012 10:34 AM
  • You passed an exam out of order and I suspect that is confusing the certification calculation engine in the Certificate Manager.

Most folks would attempt to pass the 70-680 exam first before taking on the more challenging exam, 70-685.

Since you already passed 70-685, when you pass 70-680, you will have earned the MCITP: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician certificate. Good luck on that exam!

It is strange that it is not working for you. I went into the Microsoft Certified Professional site and clicked on the link to open the Certificate Manager: https://www.mcpdigitalcert.com/MCPDownload/CertificateManager.aspx

I can download the Microsoft Certified Professional certificate.

**NOTE: Be sure to step completely through the wizard (keep clicking Next at the bottom of the screen) to download the .PDF of your certificate(s)!

After you pass 70-680, you should be able to download and print three certificates - MCP, MCTS, and MCITP.

Looking at your "second to last" question above, remember that your validate certification with your transcript.

BTW - After passing your first exam, be sure to wait at least a week for your transcript to "settle in." I've seen additional certification titles suddenly appear after passing upgrade exams.

If you still don't think it is right, send an email to mcphelp@microsoft.com. Be sure to include your MCP ID from your transcript. They can tweak your transcript if necessary.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Sunday, August 26, 2012 1:18 PM
    Answerer

• Edited by BlondieSL Saturday, March 23, 2013 11:44 PM
    Sunday, August 26, 2012 3:16 PM
  • Hi Blondboy47,

Congratulations on passing the 70-685 exam. I wish you every success on the 70-680.

You implied that the errors in the 70-680 text frustrated you, causing you to abandon study for that exam. I assume you were talking about the MS Press MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680). If that's the case, don't worry. I can recommend some other resources. Here they are:

Books: Don Poulton MCTS 70-680 Cert Guide: Microsoft Windows 7, Configuring

MS Press MCTS 70-680 Rapid Review: Configuring Windows 7

Practice Tests: SelfTest Software 70-680 Practice Test

Online Resources: Microsoft TechNet

Good luck on your 70-680 exam. You're one step away from becoming an MCITP.

• Proposed as answer by tooleyrose Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, September 4, 2012 10:16 PM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:34 AM