none
Outlook 2003 POP account for gmail change of password RRS feed

• Question

• I changed the password in gmail for my second account using my mobile phone and amended this also in Outlook but here it fails. I have tried deleting the Outlook account and setting it up again to no avail. Server Port settings are Incoming POP3 995 and Outgoing 465 with encrypted connection boxes ticked for both (my previous settings which worked fine).

I have another gmail account which uses the same settings and this works fine in Outlook. I have tried on numerous occasions but nothing works and I would rather not use  Google webmail. I have just tested the account in webmail and this has worked instantly.

Any thoughts appreciated as this is a new one on me.

In the UK not US BTW.

Thanks!

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:48 PM Looking for the correct forum
    Saturday, September 30, 2017 3:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The MSDN, TechNet and Expression Library Feedback forum is to "Help improve the Library Experience in MSDN, TechNet and Expression by providing feedback on features, bugs, look and feel or by just providing suggestions". This is not a support forum.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:46 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask Google.

You could also ask in the Microsoft Office Outlook Community Forums.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:48 PM