none
How to reprovision the table / scope after the schema changes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am syncronizing two SQL server 2005 databases using 'MS Sync framework 2.0'. I have one scope 'scope1' provisioned on both the databases. Now I have to add some columns to a single table in the scope 'scope1'. I have added these columns in first database's table and now want to sync those columns calues too with the oter database (which has the 'scope1' already configured). In order to get this done what I need to do ?

Is there anyway to propogate these chanes to other database through MS Sync Framework?

Do I make the structural changes at other database too?

Do I need reprovision the whole scope 'scope1' (Drop the scope at both ends and then reprovision. Which is very dangerous as it starts from the scratch meaning after reprovisioning, at the first Sync cycle it sends all the data from one database to the other resulting in Conflict of type 'LocalInsertRemoteInsert')?

-Ajinath

Monday, July 12, 2010 7:12 AM

All replies

• Sync Fx currently does not support modifying a scope definition or deleting/dropping a scope definition.

if it's just addition/deletion of columns, you might be able to getaway with it by directly modifying the selectchanges sp, triggers and scope_config entry albeit unsupported.

Monday, July 12, 2010 11:30 AM