plugin deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed a plugin which implements the IPlugin interface.
    I used the latest CRM 4.0 SDK to register the plugin. However, I am unable to see this plugin in CRM 4.0 in the workflow area/button. The plugin exists/has been copied to the server\bin folder but still no go.

how do I deploy the plugin so I can see and run it within MS CRM 4.0?
    Need 2 be back @ MS - MS All the way! Follower since 1995 MS Super Evangelist| MSDN Forums Moderator
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:32 AM

Answers

• actually its ok, the question was answered in the other thread. basically i had to create a workflow assembly then use the plugin registration tool to register the assembly and was able to see it in the MS CRM Workflow. I guess i was still learning on how to use CRM 4.0 and the workflows
    Need 2 be back @ MS - MS All the way! Follower since 1995 MS Super Evangelist| MSDN Forums Moderator
    • Marked as answer by ahmedilyas Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:31 PM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Why don't you use the Plugin Registration Tool to accomplish your task? Using the tool you could just register the assembly and it will become visible within the CRM workflow interface as the custom workflow assembly? What is the problem that you are facing?
    Would you like to register your assembly programatically?

Regards,
    Kuba
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:29 PM
  • actually its ok, the question was answered in the other thread. basically i had to create a workflow assembly then use the plugin registration tool to register the assembly and was able to see it in the MS CRM Workflow. I guess i was still learning on how to use CRM 4.0 and the workflows
    • Marked as answer by ahmedilyas Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:31 PM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:31 PM
  • Great :). So, for those who are reading only this thread - the answer is here: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/df0829b4-c551-4834-b04e-0a963bfc703f

You posted two questions, so I had to answer twice :). The other answer is much more detailed.

I'm glad I could help.

Best regards,
    Kuba
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:38 PM