Problem with Workflow while using create record RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have created a custom entity Unit and Property . I am using a workflow to create records on this Property entity, when the unit status is sold in Unit entity. When I create the records I want to transfer some fields from Unit to Property. Everything works fine using Dynamic Fields to reference the fields I need from Unit, except when the field is an Lookup. In this case, the Dynamics field assistant doesn't show any fields..How can I solve this ?

Thanks,

Saturday, March 30, 2013 11:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I think two scenarios could happen:

1- You do not have similar look up field on the Unit entity. So you could not update it.

2- You are going a wrong way to select the fields.

Could you please give screen shots from the workflow update page?

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

• Marked as answer by mc.gem Monday, April 1, 2013 5:25 AM
    Saturday, March 30, 2013 12:33 PM
  • When setting a lookup using the form assistant the available fields will be filtered to lookup fields that look up to the same entity.

For example when setting a contact lookup, only other contact lookups will appear in the form assistant.

It sounds like the field you are setting doesn't match any other lookups so there are no results.

Double check both fields and make sure they look up the same entity.

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think two scenarios could happen:

1- You do not have similar look up field on the Unit entity. So you could not update it.

2- You are going a wrong way to select the fields.

Could you please give screen shots from the workflow update page?

Saturday, March 30, 2013 12:33 PM
  • When setting a lookup using the form assistant the available fields will be filtered to lookup fields that look up to the same entity.

For example when setting a contact lookup, only other contact lookups will appear in the form assistant.

It sounds like the field you are setting doesn't match any other lookups so there are no results.

Double check both fields and make sure they look up the same entity.

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:30 AM
  • Thanks Paul and Payman,

Yes both my entites have different lookup field.

It is not possible for me to change the lookup now?

i need to insert record in to lookup filed while creating record..How can i acheive this?

Monday, April 1, 2013 6:56 AM
  • You will need to delete the incorrect field and recreate it using the correct entity. You can then map the data between the fields in the workflow.

Unfortunately you cannot change this once created, but deleting it and recreating it is essentially doing the same thing.

Paul

Monday, April 1, 2013 7:02 AM
  • You could not change it. You have to delete and re-create the lookup!

Monday, April 1, 2013 7:05 AM
  • oops i think i dint make it clear.

What i mean to say is i can delete and recreate but i should not do that coz both lookups meet different criteria.

In Unit form am refering to lookup field(projectid) from  projectMaster

In Property form am refering to lookup field(projectid) from assign projects

but in both the form field value is same.

Monday, April 1, 2013 7:38 AM
  • You can only match lookups with the same data type. If they're looking up different entities it means you cannot guarantee the value from one entity will match the value from the other entity.

If you are hoping to match the values by name you could create another lookup on the second entity that looks up the same entity as your first entity lookup. That way you can map the data through the workflow to the new field, however you would then need a plugin to run on update of that hidden field to take the name value and match it to your other lookup entity and then set the other lookup. - It's a bit long winded but it's the only way I can think of to achieve this.

Paul

Monday, April 1, 2013 7:43 AM