ClamAV RRS feed

• Question

• The other day I ran WHSClamAV virus checker, just like I've run on other days over the last couple of months.  But this time it was finding what it thought were infected files.  It put about 800 files in quarantine.  I looked on-line and it looks like others have indicated they had a lot of false positives.  Well any ways all my whs addins have disappeared, along with the Clamav addin.  They show up in the settings as being still installed but on my main console there all gone.  I was thinking I would have to reinstall clamav to see if it would return all the quarantined files back to the right directories, so I tried to uninstall the clamav that was showing up as installed but that failed.  I deleted the the installation file in the software\add-ins directory and then downloaded a new one and copied it to the add-on directory.  But it still shows up as being installed already.  Not sure what to do.  Not sure what else would be effected by all the quarantined files, but WHS is still backing up all my computers.  Any help would be appreciated.
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 3:31 PM

Answers

• Thanks Al.  I found a program on the Clamwin site called Qrestore1.0 that put all the quarantined files back to the correct directories.  I then installed the new verson of WHSClamAv and the Clamwin version 0.96.4.  All appears back to normal.  All my WHS addins came back. Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by Blueracer Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:08 PM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Blueracer,

I'm sorry to hear you've come across the ClamWin bug where system files are treated as suspicious files.  What version of WHSClamAV are you using and did you remember to update ClamWin when reinstalling new version of WHSClamAV.  A guide along with ways to contact the developers directly are provided at:

http://whsclamav.sourceforge.net/upgrading.html

ClamWin does not provide a mechanism or record that allows you to place quarantined files back in their original location.  Though things may be running okay at the moment I would take this opportunity to back up all your files and computer backups (if wanted) and perform a server recovery (not a server reinstallation).

Today after seeing your post I have updated WHSClamAV to version 0.1.9 which will allows use and download of ClamWin version 0.96.4, recently released on Friday, which has a documented bug fix for the problem you have had.  You can read more at ClamWin:

http://www.clamwin.com/content/view/227/1/

WHSClamAV is only available for Windows Home Server v1 (not vail)

Kind regards,
    Al

--
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 7:23 PM
  • Thanks Al.  I found a program on the Clamwin site called Qrestore1.0 that put all the quarantined files back to the correct directories.  I then installed the new verson of WHSClamAv and the Clamwin version 0.96.4.  All appears back to normal.  All my WHS addins came back. Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by Blueracer Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:08 PM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:01 PM
  • Interesting I will look into Qrestore for inclusion in WHSClamAV or at least I will know about it for next time.  Glad you got sorted in the end.
    -- Free AV for WHS : http://whsclamav.sourceforge.net/
    Friday, November 26, 2010 7:28 PM
  • Each time I download the 0.1.9 msi installer I get 0.96.1 (I am in the UK).

How do I upgrade to 0.96.4?

Qrestore1 - must I instal that on the server desktop? If so, how do I unlock

the protection that WHS is using, preventing me from installing Qrestore1?

It mentioned right-clicking and then selecting Properties/Unlock, but on my

machine at least, no unlock option is available.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:47 PM