Purchase Windows 7 Home Premium RRS feed

• Question

• There is an online company called Software Empire. They are offering a digital download of Windows 7 Home Premium for $50. Their webpage carries a designation of "Microsoft Authorized Partner" and "Proud Members of the Microsoft Network". Is this legitimate? If not, how can they get away with this advertising? I have previously asked the question (kinda). Would someone please address this company specifically for me so that I can lay to rest my unease. Also there was a post which discouraged people from purchasing from Amazon. Is there anyway to determine if the product being purchased is legitimate prior to ordering. If it is determined that the software is not legitimate does Amazon bare any of the responsibility? Thanks again for helping me.
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 3:27 AM

Answers

• Thank you very much again. I can be a little dense at times. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
    • Marked as answer by shumashuma Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:10 AM
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:10 AM

All replies

• There are NO legal sales  of Windows by download except through the official Microsoft Store. It's that simple.

There are no problems with purchasing from Amazon - but purchasing software from other companies through Amazon carries the same health warning as buying from eBay.

There is no such thing as a 'Microsoft Authorized Partner' so far as I am aware - and I am a Microsoft Partner!

The Microsoft Network is better known as MSN - and anyone can be a member of that!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:48 AM
  • Thank you very much again. I can be a little dense at times. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
    • Marked as answer by shumashuma Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:10 AM
    Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:10 AM