none
pc crashing

Question

• hi all

I have built my pc myself and it was working fine for a couple of months. But suddenly the last month it started crashing while gaming, it just freezes and makes the 'blue screen' buzzing noise.

plz help

specs:

amd a8-3870k

corsair cx600

asus amd radeon hd 6670

• Moved by Mike Laughlin Thursday, April 30, 2015 12:27 PM From 'Forums Issues' - not reporting an issue with the forums.
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 8:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• What part of "not product support" do you not understand?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, April 30, 2015 8:02 AM
  • Hi Mrboaz,

You've posted this question in the wrong forum hence the name "not product support".

However, since you appear to be having a problem with your computer crashing may I suggest you check out this article here? http://www.networkworld.com/article/2164903/windows/how-to-solve-windows-8-crashes-in-less-than-a-minute.html

You can find crash dumps in C:\Windows\minidump

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as helpful if they help, or as answers if they answer your question. Please also unmark the answers if they provide no help.

Zach Roberts
    Independent Microsoft Community Support Advisor
    Disclaimer: I don't work for Microsoft. Any advice given is my own and does not represent Microsoft.

Follow me on Twitter: @WindowsZach

Thursday, April 30, 2015 8:06 AM
  • Hi,

As the others have mentioned, this forum is for reporting issues with the MSDN/TechNet forums themselves, not product support. As such, I will be moving this thread to the 'Where is the Forum For...?' forum.

I suggest posting your question over here:

Windows Forums on Microsoft Answers

Good luck.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,225+ strong and growing)

Thursday, April 30, 2015 12:26 PM
  • Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:
    Press the Win key + "R" and type eventvwr>enter
    Expand Custom Views
    Click Administrative Events
    Right click Administrative Events
    Save all Events in Custom View As...
    Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
    Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
    Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload the .zip file to Onedrive or a file sharing service and put a link to it in your next post
    If you have updated to win 8.1 and you get the error message "the system cannot find the file specified" it is a known problem.  The work around is to edit the registry.  If you are not comfortable doing this DONT.  If you are, backup the key before you do
    Press Win+"R" and input regedit

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Channels. Delete "Microsoft-Windows-DxpTaskRingtone/Analytic"

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:08 PM