none
The report says that the validation is genuine, but still cannot use windows installer. RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot find my paperwork to enter the Product Key when prompted, but the Validation Tool results are:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):

-----------------------------------------

Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Status: Genuine

Validation Code: 0

Cached Validation Code: N/A

Windows Product Key: *****-*****-W668B-CHK3P-4BGM6

Windows Product Key Hash: 41ECgG8Pcm8tLQmyPW8yg2SMP9E=

Windows Product ID: 76487-069-6557865-22392

Windows Product ID Type: 5

Windows License Type: Retail

Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro

ID: {53100A9A-0B84-4EFA-A43A-DD5BA0EB9F6D}(3)

Is Admin: Yes

TestCab: 0x0

LegitcheckControl ActiveX: Registered, 1.8.31.9

Signed By: Microsoft

Product Name: N/A

Architecture: N/A

Build lab: N/A

TTS Error: N/A

Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1

Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->

ThreatID(s): N/A

Version: N/A

Windows XP Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: 0

File Exists: Yes

Version: 1.8.31.9

WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft

WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Version: 2.0.48.0

OGAExec.exe Signed By: Microsoft

OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->

Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2

Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 114 Blocked VLK 2

OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0

Signed By: Microsoft

Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->

Proxy settings: N/A

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)

Default Browser: C:\Documents and Settings\Fischer\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt

Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed

Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled

Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled

Active scripting: Allowed

Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{53100A9A-0B84-4EFA-A43A-DD5BA0EB9F6D}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-4BGM6</PKey><PID>76487-069-6557865-22392</PID><PIDType>5</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3121290090-506432167-2547553869</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>HP Compaq nc6230 (PU986AA#ABA)</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>68DTA Ver. F.0C</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20050722000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>5C193507018400F2</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>1</stat><msppid></msppid><name>HP / COMPAQ</name><model>NC6220</model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.8.31.9"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.8.31.9"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="2.0.48.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57142</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="16" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="18" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="19" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1A" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1B" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="44" Version="11" Result="114"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults>  

Licensing Data-->

N/A

Windows Activation Technologies-->

N/A

HWID Data-->

N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->

BIOS string matches: yes

Marker string from BIOS: A5CC:Compaq Computer Corporation|12A1C:Compaq Computer Corporation|1FFEA:Compaq Computer Corporation|129C4:Compaq Computer Corporation|129C4:Compaq Computer Corporation|1FFEA:Hewlett-Packard Company|129C4:Hewlett-Packard Company

Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->

N/A

Unfortunately only 15 digits of the Product Key are visable.  I would have thought if the validation step said "Genuine" I would be OK.  

Please advise.

Thank you!

Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:05 PM

Answers

• "oneproudmom" wrote in message news:b1e73732-291f-4e54-9786-f267a2145feb...

Update:

I found the Product Key on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop.  Duhhh!  Anyway, I ran the Windows Key Update Tool and got "The product key you have entered matches the product key currently in use.  Please try again"  I would have thought that would have been a good thing, right?

I then tried the Windows Installer program again with the correct Product Key, but it will only accept the "original installation source".  I may never find that!  Any advice from here?

Thanks again!

oneproudmom

1) Please tell us what you are attempting to do - Install Windows? Validate Windows? install something else?
    2) Windows appears to be already installed and activated - what problems are you actually experiencing?
    3) what is the last set of 5 characters in the Key on your COA sticker? (do NOT post the whole Key!)

The installed Key is either a Retail Key, or a Default Key for Windows XP Pro with SP3.

As I said earlier, there is no indication of any problem with activation or validation - and the Windows Installer, if that's what you are having a problem with, does NOT rely on a system being either activated or validation for it to function properly - if you are having a problem with the Windows Installer, please specify the EXACT problem, and with what program - we may then be able to point you in the right direction.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, July 15, 2011 7:07 AM

All replies

• Update:

I found the Product Key on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop.  Duhhh!  Anyway, I ran the Windows Key Update Tool and got "The product key you have entered matches the product key currently in use.  Please try again"  I would have thought that would have been a good thing, right?

I then tried the Windows Installer program again with the correct Product Key, but it will only accept the "original installation source".  I may never find that!  Any advice from here?

Thanks again!

oneproudmom
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:24 PM
  • "oneproudmom" wrote in message news:d50832b1-fa2d-4350-a4ef-7056fe680235...

I cannot find my paperwork to enter the Product Key when prompted, but the Validation Tool results are:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):

-----------------------------------------

Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Status: Genuine

Validation Code: 0

Cached Validation Code: N/A

Windows Product Key: *****-*****-W668B-CHK3P-4BGM6

Windows Product Key Hash: 41ECgG8Pcm8tLQmyPW8yg2SMP9E=

Windows Product ID: 76487-069-6557865-22392

Windows Product ID Type: 5

Windows License Type: Retail

Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro

Unfortunately only 15 digits of the Product Key are visable.  I would have thought if the validation step said "Genuine" I would be OK.  

Please advise.

Thank you!

...and where does Activation or Validation come into the equation?
     Neither are required for the Windows Installer to function properly.
    Perhaps if you were to state exactly what the problem is, it may become clear as to how to address it?

--

Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:25 PM
  • "oneproudmom" wrote in message news:b1e73732-291f-4e54-9786-f267a2145feb...

Update:

Thanks again!

oneproudmom

1) Please tell us what you are attempting to do - Install Windows? Validate Windows? install something else?
    2) Windows appears to be already installed and activated - what problems are you actually experiencing?
    3) what is the last set of 5 characters in the Key on your COA sticker? (do NOT post the whole Key!)

The installed Key is either a Retail Key, or a Default Key for Windows XP Pro with SP3.

As I said earlier, there is no indication of any problem with activation or validation - and the Windows Installer, if that's what you are having a problem with, does NOT rely on a system being either activated or validation for it to function properly - if you are having a problem with the Windows Installer, please specify the EXACT problem, and with what program - we may then be able to point you in the right direction.

--

Friday, July 15, 2011 7:07 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:35 PM
  • I am sorry to not have answered sooner, but I just received the email indicating that there was a response. What I have been having an issue with is installing updates, running Windows Installer (which pops up at times--I can't really identify specific instances right now except that it pops up when I tried to troubleshoot the validation) and when opening a word document I previously received the message that I did not have an authentic version of windows.  Actually, I have not had problems recently and I am thinking that running the validation solved the problems I was having.  Thank you for your help and hopefully all is resolved.

oneproudmom
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:44 AM
  • "oneproudmom" wrote in message news:d9cb764d-6543-4c1c-81d8-16af5ccfabb1...
    I am sorry to not have answered sooner, but I just received the email indicating that there was a response. What I have been having an issue with is installing updates, running Windows Installer (which pops up at times--I can't really identify specific instances right now except that it pops up when I tried to troubleshoot the validation) and when opening a word document I previously received the message that I did not have an authentic version of windows.  Actually, I have not had problems recently and I am thinking that running the validation solved the problems I was having.  Thank you for your help and hopefully all is resolved.

oneproudmom

It's not Windows that is non-genuine, but Office....
    OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 114 Blocked VLK 2

It's based on a Key that was stolen from MS itself many years ago, and released on the internet - it was then blocked.

--

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:06 AM