none
Disable Device Guard and Credential Guard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys, 

I have my laptop running with Windows 10 Home Single language and when I try running Vmware it shows following error. And this is my personal laptop. 

VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard. Please visit http://www.vmware.com/go/turnoff_CG_DG for more details.

And I am not getting any response from Microsoft support team regards to the issue. I tried to look on group policy which is not available on the Windows 10 Home Single Language. 

I also went to "Turn Windows Features on and Off". After de-selecting or selecting (tried both) the Hyper-V feature and post rebooted but still the issue remains same. And I also went to the other technet articles and followed the same but no luck.

Got tired with below steps tooo. No luck.... :(

1) Apply this registry modification provided by Ulises2k

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity

Enabled = 0

2) Run the following command from an elevated command prompt:

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off 

I am not sure why the Microsoft team is not having answer for it. Since this is feature which might be pre-enabled on the windows which we needs the steps to disable it. 

Does Anyone can help to fix the issue please. 

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:02 AM

Answers

All replies

• Let me understand something...

You have issue with third party application (VMware), which has nothing to do with Microsoft, and in fact compete Microsoft application Hyper-V... and yet, you do not understand why Microsoft support team does not provide you support for the application which compete them?!?

Wow... this is new type of request

It remind me children that invite taxi and when the driver arrives they ask him about the nearest bus

* let me remind you that this is Microsoft forum. If you have question that related to third party app then you can try to ask the question in a forum which is dedicated to that application

** Did you paid for support? if no then why do you expect to get it? In this case, The forums are the right place to get free support from the community if you do not pay for support. 

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:29 AM
  • I'd try asking for help over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprosecurity

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:27 PM