How to Install Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 after PP3 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to install Sharepoint Services 3.0 on my WHS HP495 Mediasmart.  After I install and complete config, I go to the Central Admin to try to delete the web application which is listed as my default address, I got to delete it in "Delete Web Application", click "delete" and nothing happens?  I'm not sure what is going on as when I click delete nothing happens, same when I try to create a new a new web application, the "ok" button has no response either.  Any help?
    Monday, December 7, 2009 4:40 AM

All replies

• Can anyone help out on this?
    Monday, December 7, 2009 11:31 PM
  • Can no one help with this request, or at least give me some advice on where to start!!?!?

Really need some help here.

Thanks
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:55 PM
  • You know that installing Sharepoint on Windows Home Server is unsupported by either the Sharepoint or Windows Home Server teams, right? There's even a Microsoft Support article to that effect.

That said, it should be possible. Unfortunately I don't have my notes from early 2007 when I installed Sharepoint, but I recall there were several areas where the installation/configuration differed from the standard Sharepoint setup. You may also find this blog post useful.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 9:35 PM