How do I set up a HUB and view protected computers? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have had Live One Care installed from the start, however, the comuters have been updated and new ones added. I noticed that there was mention of only being able to have 3 computers in the circle and one hub. I started with 3 desktops and have added or replaced them with laptops. Does the subscribtion service drop the oldest system and add the new one or what happens to the old systems?

My old desktop was the hub ( didn't call it that at the time) now I don't know how many computers are listed in the subscription. Is there a way to see the subscribed computers in list on One Care or do we just assume they are OK?

1. How do I set up this computer to be the "hub" ?

2. Where do I go to see the other computers covered by this OneCare Subscription?

3. How do I add and remove computers from the coverage ( If they are not being used there is no need to have them listed)?

Thank you for your help in advance,

JW

Monday, September 1, 2008 4:50 PM

Answers

• Open OneCare on the PC that you wish to make a hub and click on "Your OneCare Circle"

Click the link to make the PC a hub.

Sign in with the LiveID for your subscription.

The screen will update to show all PCs activated on your subscription along with the status that the server knows about.

Inactive PCs - those that have been replaced and OneCare is no longer operating on - may still appear in the list. These can be removed from the subscription by clicking the link "remove this PC" from the hub PC. Make sure you are selecting a PC that is indeed no longer active or an active PC will become unsubscribed.

-steve

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:16 PM
  • Thank you Steve,

I found that the OneCare that was installed on my computer was older than the "Hub and Circle" versions. I check for updates weekly and it has always told me OneCare was up to date. Guess it wasn't! I uninstalled the version I had, went to Live OneCare web site, reinstalled and guess what, I now can see all the computers in the "circle". The updated version is much nicer than the older one I had.

Kind of funny the "Update" feature didn't really update the program it's self.

Thank you again for the help.

JAW

Thursday, September 4, 2008 6:05 PM

All replies

• Open OneCare on the PC that you wish to make a hub and click on "Your OneCare Circle"

Click the link to make the PC a hub.

Sign in with the LiveID for your subscription.

The screen will update to show all PCs activated on your subscription along with the status that the server knows about.

Inactive PCs - those that have been replaced and OneCare is no longer operating on - may still appear in the list. These can be removed from the subscription by clicking the link "remove this PC" from the hub PC. Make sure you are selecting a PC that is indeed no longer active or an active PC will become unsubscribed.

-steve

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:16 PM
  • Thank you Steve,

I found that the OneCare that was installed on my computer was older than the "Hub and Circle" versions. I check for updates weekly and it has always told me OneCare was up to date. Guess it wasn't! I uninstalled the version I had, went to Live OneCare web site, reinstalled and guess what, I now can see all the computers in the "circle". The updated version is much nicer than the older one I had.

Kind of funny the "Update" feature didn't really update the program it's self.

Thank you again for the help.

JAW

Thursday, September 4, 2008 6:05 PM
  • There have been some cases where a copy of OneCare was stuck at an older version. Your signatures were updating, but the program itself wasn't. I'm glad you discovered that to be the problem and resolved it.

-steve

Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:08 PM