Can't Get Rid Of $RECYCLE.BIN on Music Share RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 3 month old WHS I built with 2 500gig drives that has been working quite well. I have a folder called "Music" under my shared folders on WHS.   I just tried to synchronie this Music folder on my WHS with a USB drive I keep at my office for backup purposes.  I am using a shareware program called SynchronizeIt to do the job. 

When I set up the source folder in SynchronizeIt and browse to the Music folder on WHS, I see a $RECYCLE.BIN folder with numerous files in it.  If I look at the Music folder with File Explorer, this folder does not exist.  I am set to view hidden and system files and it's not there.  Even when I RDP into my WHS, I can not see it.

I tried a program called Batch File Utility (BFU), and when I map the WHS Music folder, the  BFU program also sees this $RECYCLE.BIN but gives me an error when I try to move or copy these files and folders.

My guess is I have these File Handle things screwed up.  Does anyone know how to get rid of theis $RECYCLE.BIN folder and its subfolders?

Thanks

Fred

Sunday, March 2, 2008 4:03 AM

Answers

• I figured out what I was doing wrong.  I did not understand off-line files in Vista.  That was my issue, not WHS.

Sorry 'bout that.

Fred

Monday, March 3, 2008 3:03 AM