Delete - Multiple transactions RRS feed

• Question

• How can we delete multiple transactions in MS Money. I downloaded the bank statement and somehow got it in the wrong accounts and now having to do each transaction (more than 100 of them) manually. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Steve

Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:36 AM

All replies

• Rather than delete and manually recreate the transactions, why not move them (one at a time unfortunately) to the correct account.
    Sunday, May 26, 2013 5:31 PM
  • If you just did this, the easiest thing to do is to restore from the backup created before you made the error.  Then redownload again correctly.
    Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:27 PM
  • I agree with the restore. If you don't have a suitable backup file to restore, be glad that this is the kind of wake-up call that you get. There is a much worse kind.

But if you do have no suitable backup, there may be an alternative that is not quite as good as the restore option.

Sunday, May 26, 2013 8:33 PM
  • thanks for the reply. sounds like there is no straight answer.will finish deleting them though your tips are as valid. rgds
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:34 PM
  • What  would have been a straight answer? I am guessing that you did have not have a suitable backup, and you did not want to ask about an alternative that is not quite as good as the restore option. You also did not feel lucky that you had not been in worse shape due to lacking multiple backups.

Here is the answer to what may be your next question:

If OFX Web statements are placed in the wrong account, blank the
    Financial Institution (FI) for the *wrong* account in account
    settings.  Do that in the Account Settings/Details, which you can
    reach by right-clicking the account name on the Account List.  Don't
    just change the FI.  Blank it using the Delete or Backspace keys.

On the Account List, if there are transactions to read for the
    wrong account, right-click TransactionsToRead, and then click
    Delete Statement.

Import the OFX file.  Money should ask which account to use.  Tell
    Money the statement should go onto the right account.

Put the FI for the *wrong* account back.

If that does not fix it, see method 2 of
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910214/en-us where you temporarily
    change the currency of the wrong account.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:25 PM
  • A straight answer would have been one that basically told him/her exactly what they asked for.  The original poster did not ask about restoring files or how to move them. They didn't ask for a workaround. What was asked was if it was possible to delete multiple transactions at the same time. Unfortunately instead of DIRECTLY answering the question, each of you gave the OP multiple step ALTERNATIVES to what he/she asked for (with one of you being extremely condescending while doing so). A straight answer would have been to simply say that there was no way to select and delete multiple transactions at the same time. I hope that answers your question.

• Edited by Cay James Monday, December 17, 2018 7:31 AM Pronoun correction
    Monday, December 17, 2018 7:29 AM
  • thanks
    Thursday, January 24, 2019 4:10 PM
  • A straight answer would have been one that basically told him/her exactly what they asked for.  The original poster did not ask about restoring files or how to move them. They didn't ask for a workaround. What was asked was if it was possible to delete multiple transactions at the same time. Unfortunately instead of DIRECTLY answering the question, each of you gave the OP multiple step ALTERNATIVES to what he/she asked for (with one of you being extremely condescending while doing so). A straight answer would have been to simply say that there was no way to select and delete multiple transactions at the same time. I hope that answers your question.

I think you misread the original question. This is the original question:

How can we delete multiple transactions in MS Money. I downloaded the bank statement and somehow got it in the wrong accounts and now having to do each transaction (more than 100 of them) manually. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Steve

Friday, January 25, 2019 4:29 PM