hooking iexplore.exe with detours 3.0 in windows 7 32 RRS feed

• Question

• hi.

first, i'm not good at english.

i'm a beginner at detours library.

i want to hook iexplore.exe connect function to know what destination ip address is.

but, connect function is never called.

please help me.

which function am i hook to know that?

Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:17 AM

Answers

• Good day monitorapp,

This blog can help you find an MSDN  forum in your language:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/forumninjas/forums-url-format/

This post include list of more then 2000 forums at TechNet and MSDN interface. It is not a full list and most languages not mentioned there, but you might find a forum that fit your needs:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/34901.list-of-forums-by-languages-categories-and-field-of-discussions.aspx

If you can elaborate what language and what technology you use, we can help you find the right forum. You are talking about "function", but what language? what class? Is this C#, VB or maybe different language that you use

In the mean time...

I am not sure what is the function name exactly. Maybe Microsoft IE developers can answer this, without the need to reverse engineer, which is not legal and we cannot support it. I don't think that there is a forum that fit your question exactly, but people that develop extensions for IE might have more information (they might be familiar with the IE internal better). You might find the answer in "Internet Explorer Extension Development" forums.

* Detours basically intercept binary functions i the memory level. You can use other option like built in API com and so on. You might find out that there is a more simple way, for example using pinvoke, check the ShellExecute (shell32) for example to control the IE.

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

• Edited by pituachMVP Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:42 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, November 1, 2016 3:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, November 10, 2016 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 8:43 AM

All replies

• Good day monitorapp,

This blog can help you find an MSDN  forum in your language:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/forumninjas/forums-url-format/

This post include list of more then 2000 forums at TechNet and MSDN interface. It is not a full list and most languages not mentioned there, but you might find a forum that fit your needs:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/34901.list-of-forums-by-languages-categories-and-field-of-discussions.aspx

If you can elaborate what language and what technology you use, we can help you find the right forum. You are talking about "function", but what language? what class? Is this C#, VB or maybe different language that you use

In the mean time...

I am not sure what is the function name exactly. Maybe Microsoft IE developers can answer this, without the need to reverse engineer, which is not legal and we cannot support it. I don't think that there is a forum that fit your question exactly, but people that develop extensions for IE might have more information (they might be familiar with the IE internal better). You might find the answer in "Internet Explorer Extension Development" forums.

* Detours basically intercept binary functions i the memory level. You can use other option like built in API com and so on. You might find out that there is a more simple way, for example using pinvoke, check the ShellExecute (shell32) for example to control the IE.

signature   Ronen Ariely

• Edited by pituachMVP Tuesday, November 1, 2016 9:42 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, November 1, 2016 3:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Thursday, November 10, 2016 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 8:43 AM
  • Thank you for your nice advice.

I'll go to visual c+ forum and ask again.

Have a nice day~

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 12:30 AM
  • Thank you for your nice advice.

I'll go to visual c+ forum and ask again.

Have a nice day~

You are most welcome :-)

signature   Ronen Ariely

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:20 AM