none
70-480 exam preperation topics RRS feed

• Question

• I've taken a few exam practice test and I keep on wondering if the following topics will be covered in the actual exam. They are as follows.

Getting started with Node.js

Working with web Sql.                

Working with web services

I was a bit confused at these topics because they were not covered in the course that I took to prepare me for this exam.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 9:52 PM

Answers

• Well, Microsoft doesn't document the format of the exams and in fact they reserve the right to change them at any time. That said, the exams that have been available so far have never required us to type code. Instead, you are offered a choice of fragments of code and have to choose the correct one. This is done in several ways, such as for instance listing a block of code with numbered lines and asking "what would you put in line 7", or providing various fragments of code that you have to rearrange to achieve a desired result, or "fill in the blanks" with various choices of code for each blank.

Yes, there may be some "multiple choice" questions. I believe that you get partial credit for the question if you only get right part of the choices, but I cannot find an authoritative source that confirms this.

About the number of questions and the time limit, there is a fixed post at the top of this forum that discusses this topic. In past exams, we were looking at about 50 questions approximately and two and a half hours of time, also approximately. But a recent post at born-to-learn said that they are standardizing the exam durations so that they will be all the same, and the projected time for exams such as 480 is going to be 2 hours. I do not know their time frame for implementing this change.

Saturday, February 21, 2015 7:46 AM

All replies

• Nope, none of these topics is part of 70-480.

As far as I can tell, node.js is not covered by any MS certification exams, and neither is web sql. Web services do come up in several exams (such as 487), but not in 480 (except for retrieving data from a web service, which is basically an Ajax call).

You can see the list of topics covered by the exam in the "Skills Measured" section of the exam description page:

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/exam-70-480.aspx

Friday, February 20, 2015 7:56 AM
  • Thanks Mr. Poblacion. One other question though. What types of questions, meaning in what format does test appear. Are we actually writing code? Are there questions where you choose multiple answers and if you get three out of 4 correct on a question, do you get it wrong? How many questions are there? What is the time limit? I could not find these answers on the test website.

evanligon

Friday, February 20, 2015 10:23 PM
  • Well, Microsoft doesn't document the format of the exams and in fact they reserve the right to change them at any time. That said, the exams that have been available so far have never required us to type code. Instead, you are offered a choice of fragments of code and have to choose the correct one. This is done in several ways, such as for instance listing a block of code with numbered lines and asking "what would you put in line 7", or providing various fragments of code that you have to rearrange to achieve a desired result, or "fill in the blanks" with various choices of code for each blank.

Yes, there may be some "multiple choice" questions. I believe that you get partial credit for the question if you only get right part of the choices, but I cannot find an authoritative source that confirms this.

About the number of questions and the time limit, there is a fixed post at the top of this forum that discusses this topic. In past exams, we were looking at about 50 questions approximately and two and a half hours of time, also approximately. But a recent post at born-to-learn said that they are standardizing the exam durations so that they will be all the same, and the projected time for exams such as 480 is going to be 2 hours. I do not know their time frame for implementing this change.

Saturday, February 21, 2015 7:46 AM