Creating Web Setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I am facing couple of problems regarding "Web Setups" in Visual Studios2008.

1)I need to deploy a web-service using this setup and its database also.
    For installing database, I need to ask for login and password for connecting to database server.
    Web Setup provide some template screens which one could add. Now in any of the screens, there is no control for asking a password.
    So, if I need to ask for login and password of database, I have no choice but to show a screen to user where the text in password field is plain text.
    Is there any workaround for this?

2)I need to install multiple products through same installer(like we have Visual Studio installer where we can select which components to install and which not to).

Help of any kind is appreciated.
    • Moved by Nancy Shao Wednesday, May 27, 2009 6:57 AM Not appropriate forum (From:MSBuild)
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 4:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Beckman,

I'm moving your thread to " Off-Topic " Forum. Becasue your issue is little related to MSBuild, I highly suggest you post your thread in ASP.NET forum to get better answer with following link:

http://forums.asp.net/

Thanks,
    Nancy
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Pankaj Gupta Friday, July 9, 2010 10:36 AM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 6:57 AM