none
Getting FileLoadException RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Once in a while, in Visual Studio 2015, I get the following exception on the following line:

This has to do with running two projects at once. The two projects I'm running are an MVC web application and a web API application. I used to get this error all the time when I would run the MVC web application (it would be set as the startup project) and then right-clicking on the web API project, going to Debug, and saying "Start new instance".

Recently, I discovered that you can set the solution to automatically start both projects at once by right-clicking on the solution, going to "Set Startup Projects", and selecting the projects you want to start.

But I still get this exception once in a while. Once it happens, I have to reboot my computer in order to get it to go away.

What causes it? How can I stop it from happening without rebooting my computer? I'm pretty sure I have to kill a process in the task manager (most likely the web API application) but I don't know how to recognize it.
    Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about ASP.NET development. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://forums.asp.net/ and start a new thread to seek for a more professional support, thank you for your understanding.

If you have any issues about the VS IDE in the future, please feel free to let me know, have a nice day.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, July 21, 2017 3:14 AM