PCs in Different Households RRS feed

• Question

• I set up One Care on two computers that were stationed in the same household originally.  With this, I could access each computer's public folder regardless of which computer I am using.  Now that the computers are in separate households, I no longer have this access. 

Is there anything I can do to have each computer be able to access the other computer's public folder?

Monday, June 23, 2008 11:24 PM

Answers

• Once you move the PCs out of the local LAN environment, you can no longer share folders. That isn't a OneCare issue, it is a Windows File Sharing issue. You may want to look at a product such as Windows Live Skydrive (free, files shared via a web site, folders can be truly public or shared with specific people or only available to you from multiple computers) or Windows Live FolderShare (also free, in beta, requires the installation of client software to share specific folders on each PC with the client software installed, using the subscribed LiveID) to share files between PCs located anywhere in the world, still offering security for that sharing.

-steve

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:26 AM