Activation - One Of The Most Frustrating Things I Have Ever Encountered RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have been trying to activate my free trial for about 6 months now. I wont use this forum to rant and rave but I will say its simply unbelievable how bad this process has been for me.

I have been trying to activate using my existing hotmail account but I have had the problem where i just get taken continually to the get live website. I have tried everything including support and using the resolutions from this website.

Finally gave up and signed up to a new @live.com email address. This time I can actually make it to the Credit Card Details but now the page has locked the country, telephone etc to the USA and I recorded all my dertails at the @live.com pag as Australia. I am Australian and have Australian credit card.

Thigs of note. I live in Malaysia. I downloaded the trial version at least 6 months ago prior to it being available in Australia. I use Vista.

Any ideas before I simply go back and use Nortons 360?

Thanks

cruelhoax

Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:04 AM

Answers

• The issue is that One Care is not supported in Malaysia therefore cannot be purchased. From the One Care FAQs:

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?
    The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Ireland (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

Thursday, March 27, 2008 2:00 AM

All replies

• The issue is that One Care is not supported in Malaysia therefore cannot be purchased. From the One Care FAQs:

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?
    The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Ireland (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

Thursday, March 27, 2008 2:00 AM
  • I too am having trouble with my activation.  I purchased my software from Costco.  The activation code was clear except for 2 letters (numbers.)  I have tried several combinations hoping to get the correct one, to no avail.  I too am frustrated trying to find a phone # to talk to someone, or even live chat.  HELP!

Thursday, March 27, 2008 2:45 PM
  • If you contact support (via email) and explain the problem, they can help decipher the product key for you.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If you are having trouble reaching support per the instructions in the FAQ, send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste a link to the post to which you are replying. I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Thursday, March 27, 2008 3:01 PM