Home server files corrupted? RRS feed

• Question

• I had a video card fail on my whs 2011 machine.  It was a cheap one, who would of thought.  Anyways, when it failed the server locked up hard and unfortunately in the rebooting process had crashed because of the video card.  Got it replaced but now I seem to have some windows home server file issues.  All my data is ok, but I can't access the website remotely anymore, launchpad on my pc's will not connect, and finally dashboard won't start via launchpads or via remote desktop logged in as an admin.  It just goes away and never loads.

the website just stats server error in remote application. 

I searched for this and the only solution was to reinstall the whole system.  Is there another way?  I was going to try and use my shadow copies and just restore my home server folder in the program files but it won't let me due to files being open.  Any suggestions at all?  I really don't want to reinstall again.. 

Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:56 AM

All replies

• If you have a monitor connected to the server, try starting up the computer and using the F8 option during boot up.  Once the screen appears, select "Last known good configuration" (something like that) and see how it goes.  I assume you plugged in the network cable to the right port (had an old Asus board with two on-board Ethernet ports that I was forever plugging into the wrong one) and checked to make sure that the hard lock didn't jar a setting loose like Remote Access under server settings in the dashboard?  Beyond those few suggestions I'm at a loss for what to do next.

Hope it all works out for you.

Barry

Saturday, June 25, 2011 9:11 AM