Email not being sent thro' WorkFlow: "This Message has not yet been submitted for delivery". RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have created a Workflow on Entity "Task".

When a task will be created an automatic mail will be created and sent to the owner.

When I am checking the status of the workflow, the email has been created and it says: "This Message has not yet been submitted for delivery".

I have installed and configured Email Router, and it was working fine previously, n all mails were being sent.

Can somebody guide me how to resolve this issue. I am using CRM 4.0 on-premise.

Many Thanks

Regards

Vinay

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• who is sender of these workflow generated email? if it is user then make sure that user got outlook client configured and allows CRM to send email.

if it is queue then need to make sure that queue is enable to sending outgoing email from email router and email router is working fine..

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:00 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Mayank,

Its taking "Created By" as the sender and the sender is Service Account User.  I thinks this is because it is being sent thro Workflow.

And the Service Account User has been configured to use the Email Router.

Any idea.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:25 AM
  • have done Test Access for this user in email router? if this is success then make sure these changes are published.

also you could try putting specific user for e.g. you as sender and then see if this works..

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:29 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi mayank,

I have put me as the sender and I hve outlook client configured for me in the CRM; it it working.

When I am testing the access in CRM router configuration wizard, it is taking lots of time for testing one user and the status is testing........

Is there a problem with the email router.

I have even uninstall and re-install the email router.....same problem when testing access to email router.

any idea?

many thanks,

vinay

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:03 AM
  • Hi Vinay,

It does sound like problem with email router settings..

Please go through following links which will help you set up email router settings correctly..

http://edwardsdna.wordpress.com/2009/12/10/e-mail-router-configuration/\

http://video.mikelu.org/emailrouterpop3/emailrouterpop3.html

http://video.mikelu.org/emailrouterfwd/emailrouterfwd.html

Hope this helps..

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:12 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Mayank,

The problem was with email router.

Now its working great.

Thanks\

Vinay

Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:45 PM
  • Good to hear problem solved!!

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 1:08 PM
    Answerer
  •  

Could we get more detail on just what changes you made to fix your email router?

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:08 PM
  • Do you have to setup the Email Router for workflows to send out emails?  Or if you have all users setup as Outlook client can workflows still work?
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:04 PM
  • Vinay,

What was the solution? Please describe. Others are having the same issue. For me it does not appear to be an issue with the email router, but maybe I have missed something.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 3:02 PM
  • Hi,

What i did is, uninstall email router, then i installed it again.

Hope that help.

Monday, July 7, 2014 7:43 AM