Need some feedback... RRS feed

• Question

• What would be the best way to log when a customer calls in with questions? Would an activity, like Phone Call, Task or Service Activity, be best? The way we currently do it is to use the Notes section on the record, but it's getting a bit out of hand and hard to manage. We want to be able to get specific information from the CSR and as far as I know, Notes won't allow for any alteration.
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:52 PM

All replies

• Phone Call is the most straightforward.  Maybe add a field to specify that it's a question if you need to filter those.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:14 PM
  • Would there be a way to make a dialog that input the information into the Notes section or is the Notes section off limits?
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:57 PM
  • Since Notes is a 1:N relationship to Phone, likely not out of the box.   (though I have not tested, so don't just take my word)  However, you could push to the Description field, which is really where you would want the Phone Call results for viewability.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:08 PM
  • Push using the dialog process or a script of some sort?
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:13 PM
  • Dialog Process should do it fine.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:39 PM
  • If this call, e-mail etc is likely to lead a series of interactions before being resolved then you could also consider using Case functionality. So create a Case, link the phone call to it etc

Paul

Friday, August 29, 2014 10:53 AM