How do I get a trial version of Office 2007 with Business Contact Manager to work RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the trial version of this software, the whole 2007 suite with BCM.
    But, when I run outlook I cannot see BCM as part of it.

I have tried telephone support, but they just say they will not help with trial versions and will not listen to my problem.

The problem is that I tried email suport, but it wants a Product ID, but the PID of the product is not recognised by the program and just gives an error message.

I then entered the PID of my real office software (without BCM), but I just get an error message saying
    There wasa problem processing this requiest and suggesting that I try later. 

I have now tried about 50 times to no avail.

Where do I go next and if I cannot get an answer then how to I make a formal complaint about the support offered.
    • Moved by JeniferA Monday, March 23, 2009 8:59 PM Issues with Outlook 2007 and BCM (Moved from Feedback and Comments to Office)
    Monday, March 23, 2009 2:51 PM

Answers

• Dear millyjay,
    Please visit the Outlook 2007 support site for assistance with Outlook issues.

Regards,
    Jenifer
    • Marked as answer by JeniferA Monday, March 23, 2009 3:36 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by millyjay Monday, March 23, 2009 4:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by JeniferA Monday, March 23, 2009 8:57 PM
    Monday, March 23, 2009 3:35 PM

All replies

• Dear millyjay,
    Please visit the Outlook 2007 support site for assistance with Outlook issues.

Regards,
    Jenifer
    • Marked as answer by JeniferA Monday, March 23, 2009 3:36 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by millyjay Monday, March 23, 2009 4:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by JeniferA Monday, March 23, 2009 8:57 PM
    Monday, March 23, 2009 3:35 PM
  • I have been through the Office 2007 support page and that does not help me in any way at all with this problem.
    Monday, March 23, 2009 3:59 PM
  • Millyjay,

BCM integrates into the Outlook interface and adds a column of drop down menu choices that help you organize and work with your BCM database.  Are you seeing the image on this page:  http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/contactmanager/HA101662881033.aspx

Are you seeing the little database icon in your notification area (aka system tray)?  It should have been installed as the database engine that BCM uses.

Alos you'll want to visit Microsoft Updates to get any needed security and reliability updates.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Monday, March 23, 2009 7:28 PM