none
How can I find WiKi articles I created or Edited? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to access all articles in WiKi I created or edited? 
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:31 AM

Answers

• On the main Wiki page, http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/, you can select the tab "My Activity" about half way down the page for links to your activity (the "People" tab seems to show the same info). This shows articles you added, edited, or commented on. However, when I search for a name the only hits are where the name is in the body of the Wiki article. I see no way to find articles by a given author, even myself. I like to check my own occasionally for comments. I notice Rich Prescott and Ed Price add their names as a tag to articles, probably so they can find them.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Friday, November 4, 2011 1:59 AM

All replies

• On the main Wiki page, http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/, you can select the tab "My Activity" about half way down the page for links to your activity (the "People" tab seems to show the same info). This shows articles you added, edited, or commented on. However, when I search for a name the only hits are where the name is in the body of the Wiki article. I see no way to find articles by a given author, even myself. I like to check my own occasionally for comments. I notice Rich Prescott and Ed Price add their names as a tag to articles, probably so they can find them.

Friday, November 4, 2011 1:59 AM
  • Thanks, I found it. I recently added a stub as I want to actually create an article - but it will need a bit of research. I hope to do so, although recently I had idea for a blog and haven't even started to write it....
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Friday, November 4, 2011 3:04 AM
  • I see no way to find articles by a given author, even myself.

Microsoft and BING don't seem to be indexing them but with Google you can use this:

mueller site:social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/tnwiki/

to find your last name in your signature presumably.

Then I want to know what this is finding  <eg>

inanchor:mueller site:social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/tnwiki/

BTW if you kept your Activity as an RSS Feed you could do a Find in it for  WIKI  (for example).   Otherwise using the RSS button you just get each Profile's  "Recent Activity"  for whatever range that includes.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, November 6, 2011 8:28 PM
  • I just stumbled on the following:

On the Wiki home page, click on "More featured articles", then part way down click the "My Pages" tab. Scroll down and you get a list of all Wiki articles you published or revised. This is better than the recent activity list, but it takes a number of clicks.

Saturday, December 3, 2011 1:42 AM