Laptop never connected to the internet RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have checked the forums, and I guess I am not a very good searcher, so here is the question:

I will have a laptop that never will connect to the internet - it will be used in the field to record measurements - how will validation work? What about the "check back" validations done after the first time?

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 5:01 PM

Answers

• Unless a computer has a live internet connection, WGA will not perform a periodic validation check with the Microsoft validations servers.  If the computer is running genuine Microsoft software, then you have nothing to be concerned with.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 5:07 PM

All replies

• Unless a computer has a live internet connection, WGA will not perform a periodic validation check with the Microsoft validations servers.  If the computer is running genuine Microsoft software, then you have nothing to be concerned with.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 5:07 PM
  • I will have a genuine copy of Vista. I thought that the periodic validation check is required for the continued unfettered use of the OS. Is this not correct?

I don't mind the copy protection, I buy the real thing and don't have any reason to "cheat". I just want to know how to cope with the restrictions put on the product.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 8:49 PM
  • No, that is not correct.  No periodic validation check can occur without an active internet connection.  If the WGA file does not detect an active internet connection, WGA will remain dormant and transparent.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 9:06 PM