none
Failed exam 70-511 with 686 score. I was confident of through this exam in the 3rd attempt. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

Greetings,

I Failed exam 70-511 with 686 score. I was confident of through this exam in the 3rd attempt. But why I was failed? Can I revisit the evaluation method? I cant attempt one more time for this small margin failure. Please advise.

• PS: I am an HP employee having licensed Visual studio 2010 s/w
      I have 4Years experience in .NET and Windows Application development with VC++ and C#
    • WPF experience of 6months

Request someone to advise plsss

Monday, November 10, 2014 9:54 AM

Answers

• I am going to have to agree with you in that there is something wrong with this exam. I just took it today and I failed with a score a little below 700. I have taken so far more than 80 MCP exams, so I am experienced enough to be able to tell most of the time how well I am going to do in the final score based on how confident I am on the answers that I am giving. In this exam, I was convinced that most of my answers were correct, so I was expecting a high score, possibly close to 900. So I was very surprised at the final failing grade. I am left with the impression that there must be some anomaly in the way that this exam is scored, when compared with other MCP exams.
    Friday, November 14, 2014 12:47 PM

All replies

• I am going to have to agree with you in that there is something wrong with this exam. I just took it today and I failed with a score a little below 700. I have taken so far more than 80 MCP exams, so I am experienced enough to be able to tell most of the time how well I am going to do in the final score based on how confident I am on the answers that I am giving. In this exam, I was convinced that most of my answers were correct, so I was expecting a high score, possibly close to 900. So I was very surprised at the final failing grade. I am left with the impression that there must be some anomaly in the way that this exam is scored, when compared with other MCP exams.
    Friday, November 14, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Hi Alberto... Thanks for your favoring reply. What shall we do about it?

I think in the evaluation they check our number of years work experience. Whatsoever experience, why It allows a candidate to write a exam with 1Years of Windows Programming experience. Either they have to make it very clear about eligibility criteria or they have to relax in evaluation method .

Please advise if u have any contact in Microsoft to get some visibility on this issue.

Monday, November 24, 2014 12:15 PM
    Albert,When did you answer my question. I was waiting for more than 2 weeks to see any reply. but How your reply shows Nov 14 ,on the date I didn't get any reply actually .?
    Monday, November 24, 2014 12:24 PM
  • When did you answer my question. I was waiting for more than 2 weeks to see any reply.

Well, the reason I answered very late is that I waited till I took the exam so that I could provide an informed answer. Which is the same situation that happens with this reply: I waited until I took my exam for the second time. This time I passed, so I can confirm that it is at least posible to pass the exam, even though I still think that its scoring is more severe than the norm for other MCP exams.
    Friday, November 28, 2014 3:31 PM
  • Hi Alberto....It was great to know that u cleared the exam. Appreciate you.

But Here, I would not ask you for any guidance ,because already more guidance by Q&A here in Forum.

Please let me know ,how did u thru the exam within 2 weeks since u failed :-P?

Vijayakumar.C

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:40 AM
  • how did u thru the exam within 2 weeks since u failed :-P?

Well, since I had already taken the exam once, I knew which were the areas where I was weakest. So I reviewed those topics in the documentation, and then took again the exam after I was confident that my knowledge had a better coverage of my previously weakest areas.
    Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:51 AM
  • Can u please mentor me the weakest area of mine?

Weakest areas

1.Enhancing a user interface by using Advanced Technique

2.Managing data at the user interface layer

3.Stabilizing and Releasing a solution

Mainly I do mistakes in programming... pleas advise.

Vijayakumar.C

Thursday, April 16, 2015 5:58 AM