Some suggestions RRS feed

• Question

• 1. It is really difficult to switch between various running programs. I tried Palm pre couple of weeks back on a Sprint store. The user experience in switching the running applications is awesome.
    2. When there are multiple applications running. Phone becomes so sluggish that performing some of the critical tasks  (making calls, Sending text, Navigating to hoem page to kill the tasks, opening task manager) becomes really tough. Some times the  only  option is to do a soft reset. I would suggest that Windows mobile reserve memory and processor to perform this critical tasks.
    3.  I really like the new start option in WM 6.5. Start button till 6.1 was really ugly and i never understood the purpose of that. But even finding an application in windows phone is painful with multiple levels of folder struture within Start.
    4. Please make programs/applications in start customizable.
    5. Easily accesible search feature in phone.
    6. App Store :- The fact that appstore currently has only 250 apps is really sad. Whereas you find so many applications outside of windows mobile app store. Why are they not available in Appstore?
    7. Bing Maps on windows mobile is really aweful. It always searches for an address in current location, Even when i provide the complete address. I always end up using google maps.  Bing Maps for windows mobile should add transit directiosn.
    8. UX of Windows live messenger on mobile is not good too. They could learn from Communicator for windows mobile.

Other suggestion which i am sure you should be getting from multiple sources

1. Multi touch support
    2. zune on windows mobile.
    3. Xbox live on windows mobile and Zune.
    4. Over the Air updates for the windows mobile.
    5. Avoid telcos to install crapware on windows mobile
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• 6. App Store :- The fact that appstore currently has only 250 apps is really sad. Whereas you find so many applications outside of windows mobile app store. Why are they not available in Appstore?
    It is up to the application developers to submit their applications to the Windows Marketplace for Mobile.  If the developer never submits their app for inclusion in the marketplace then it will never show up there.
    Joel Ivory Johnson
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:07 PM
  • check this out :
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsmobilesuggestions/thread/65a028c1-eb7f-4773-8c9d-92d5d0f36a9c
    :)
    Device: MODEL : I-mate Ultimate 6150 ROM: WWE.6.1.3.08 RIL version: 9001_v31.0[M] IPL : 1.00 SPL : 0.733.1 Desktop: OS : Windows 7 Ultimate Rating : 4.9 Microsoft is not about greed. It's about innovation and fairness
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Tuesday, December 1, 2009 12:58 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:39 AM
  • Great suggestions all. I am marking the suggestions as "answered" just for our internal tracking purposes since the team is reading and considering all of these excellent posts. You are welcome to continue to comment and post and view.
    Thank you from the Windows phone team
    http://www.WindowsPhone.com/TotalAccess
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 12:57 AM