none
Set Cell Properties Crash RRS feed

• Question

• I edited a post of mine that had code. I right-clicked in the code block hoping to get the Format Code Block dialog. Instead, I got a table editing menu. I thought I'd try it, even though it wasn't what I wanted. So I tried Cell Properties, and got a crash. I replied "Yes" when asked to debug it, and found the following.

The crash is in a ScriptResource.axd from telerik. The first part of the file is:

Type.registerNamespace("Telerik.Web.UI");  
    Telerik.Web.UI.DialogDefinition=function(){  
    this.Width="600px";  
    this.Height="400px";  
    this.Title="";  
    this.Behaviors=36;  
    this.Modal=true;  
    this.VisibleStatusbar=false;  
    this.VisibleTitlebar=true;  
    this.ClientCallbackFunction="";  
    }; 

The stack trace, more or less is as follows (they're all anonymous functions!)
    -------
    getDialogDefinition
    Line 177: throw Error.argumentNull("dialogName",String.format("Dialog Parameters for the {0} dialog do not exist",_32));
    ---------------
    Called from line 119 of the same file, dialogOpener.open
    --------
    Called from line 7691 of same file, oldShowDialog
    --------
    Called from line 1028 of FixedEditor.js

That's as far as I'm going, as there are about another 10 levels, and they're all anonymous, so the only way to figure out where they are is to go to the source.

Use File->New Project to create Web Service Projects
    • Edited by John Saunders Wednesday, June 4, 2008 6:02 PM No need to start with "Bug" in a bugs forum
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 6:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thanks for reporting this John.  We'll attempt to reproduce this and log a bug as needed.   Do you happen to recall the link to the post that you were in the process of editing at the time?

Thanks-
    Alciia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Friday, June 6, 2008 8:21 AM
  • Alicia, it actually reproduces with this post. ;-)

Use File->New Project to create Web Service Projects
    Friday, June 6, 2008 10:53 AM
  • This appears to be fixed (by various updates over 3+ years). Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 8:50 PM
    Owner