enter my product key RRS feed

• Question

• My computer was down with virus and had to take it to the store I bought it to clean it up and fix the problems, but they reinstalled windows WP which is their copy and not my original. I have the original cd with the product key and I would like to re-enter it as I can't update my windows now. Please help me out as I don't want to have problems again. Thanks.
    Monday, July 9, 2007 4:34 PM

Answers

• Georgiadou,

Please look @ one of our pinned articles which is directly above the posts in this forum:  Changing your Product Key without a Reinstall to match your genuine Product Key or COA. This will give you all information needed. Also if this doesn't work take your system back to the store along with your genuine software and tell them to re-accomplish the work. Also you may let them know the copy is not a genuine copy of Windows. Please post back if you need further assistance.

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, July 9, 2007 6:52 PM
  • Thank you for your help. I did take the pc back to the store and they re-accomplished the work. Everything's good now.
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:08 PM
  • Georgiadou,

Awesome!!! We are glad to hear your up and running :-). 

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, July 13, 2007 12:05 AM

All replies

• Georgiadou,

Please look @ one of our pinned articles which is directly above the posts in this forum:  Changing your Product Key without a Reinstall to match your genuine Product Key or COA. This will give you all information needed. Also if this doesn't work take your system back to the store along with your genuine software and tell them to re-accomplish the work. Also you may let them know the copy is not a genuine copy of Windows. Please post back if you need further assistance.

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, July 9, 2007 6:52 PM
  • Thank you for your help. I did take the pc back to the store and they re-accomplished the work. Everything's good now.
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:08 PM
  • Georgiadou,

Awesome!!! We are glad to hear your up and running :-). 

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, July 13, 2007 12:05 AM