I can not install Money, Sunset edition RRS feed

• Question

• I previously had Money running well under Win 10.  Somehow it got uninstalled.  When I tried to reinstall it I got the message "Autorun.inf file missing or corrupt".  I edited the registry key, as I had done previously, but this time it did not work.  I kept getting the same message.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:59 AM

All replies

• This may be a bit late but you need to delete the previous version and do a fresh install with the edited registry.

Hope this helps, I just bought a new pc and was trying to run and old cd, once it fails which yours did the first time, somehow it corrupts the whole .exe.

Copied this from what helped me, sorry I don't have the OP's name for credit:

I don't know if you've solved your problem, but I recently had this problem as well... I searched the internet like crazy, and when I came up with no results, I decided to search through the registry.

I found a registry entry that was causing the problem:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IniFileMapping\Autorun.inf]

With a value of:

@="@SYS:DoesNotExist"

I renamed the key restarted my computer and the install ran just fine.  I then changed the name of the registry key back, and rebooted once more.  This is the only program I've ever had this problem with - just strange.

• Edited by JackB88 Thursday, February 16, 2017 3:39 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 3:37 PM