points for IC updated ? or cheaters increased ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey there has been no points update after noon(05/06/07), then how did these 4 peoples rank got higher ?? Did they cheat ? or are they the ones who got ranks in IC....

My rank was 2 when points r update for the month of May and now its down to 6.......................till noon(05/06) i was at 4 now i m at 6 ............

so Wat u think guys , is points for IC updated or No. of cheaters r increased..  

?

TC

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 5:01 PM

All replies

• I think former guess might be right!
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 9:52 PM
  • I too think that the IC points have been updated...
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 5:37 AM
  • Then they should create thread that they get points for IC.

So that no one hve doubt

I hope any body create thread for IC

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 12:24 PM
  • I think the latter is more applicable Stick out tongue I am not making a statement though.

See the current ranking list. Rajkumar was at 2nd, and now at 8th in just 2-3 days Sad whats going on man ?Even if IC's points was updated, i dont think they would get that many points to get to rank 2. Even the IC FINAL TOPPER wont get that many points to make it to rank 2. But there is still a possibility. The reason why i am saying that they cant make it cause, i have not seem them doing much in the forums and such. so where else from they are getting the points, points only from the quiz are not enough .

here is the current point list for your references.

Rank Name Forums Display Name
    1 Harshil Patel Harshil_Patel_03b5f2
    2 Allaudeen N Allaudeen_N_ff93ad
    3 Balaji K Balaji_K_673271
    4 narasiman jayachandran narasiman_jayachandran_2b5374
    5 senthil Ganesh Senthil_Ganesh_189dd5
    6 Krishna Balaji Krishna_Balaji_3f4d9d
    7 its me GM MURUGAN_M_1df29a
    8 Rajkumar Mundel Rajkumar_Mundel_e37987
    9 arun KUMAR ARUN_KUMAR_005617
    10 Rajesh Kanna Rajesh_Kanna_ab7e94

Many New names added in the list which wasn't even there earlier. even in Top 20.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 6:10 PM
  • yes u r rite Harshil.

I m also shocked , that lots of people got points for IC ..........i dont think so that lots of got 1st postion in India .At the most, 3 people can get point in IC , but here r the lots of people .

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 6:18 PM
  • There can be one possibility they might be in the same team Stick out tongue
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 6:45 PM
  • cheaters increased
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 4:48 AM
  • seems like there are more voters for the 2nd option Smile
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 6:11 AM
  • Dear Friends,

I SUPPOSE THIS IS THE REFLECTION OF MSAPP PROJECTS. Check into.

regards,

Thursday, June 7, 2007 1:47 PM
  • I think that the points for MSAPP are updated, but anyways, I advice that Admins should put an announcement stating any such activity, i.e. if any points are updated, they should notify everyone, so that if someone has a doubt, it can be cleared...
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 2:04 PM
  • I agree with you Varun that the admins should post an announcement notifying about the point updates, so that if anyone is left out they can contact the admins asap.

@Fredrick, th points for MSAPP was updated today i think. But the persons of whom we are talking about, got to the top ranks yesterday and since 2-3 days, their rank was keeping on increasing gradually. What could be the meaning for that /?
    Thursday, June 7, 2007 4:08 PM
  • I feel the only solution to this problem is.........

ADMINS IF YOU ARE READING THIS, please look into this matter. Certain participants have gradual and sometimes suddent increase in ranks without any noticable participation. We are all stumped how this is possible. Looking forward you for clarification in this matter.

Thursday, June 7, 2007 8:22 PM
  • thanks Adnan for a good letter. I'll take the opportunity to copy and paste it in the email to the admin. Hope you dont mind. I will not mail until you give permission Stick out tongue
    Friday, June 8, 2007 4:40 AM
  • By all means, you have my complete support in this matter. We have to encourage people to take these oppurtunities as an experience rather than a chance to cheat. Because of this action, i feel that people working hard and interacting regularly in the forums, like you, me and so many others might not get thier just and deserving award...

I dont like creating such problems, if somebody else is creating, then i will help in sorting it out.

Friday, June 8, 2007 5:29 AM
  • Thanks Adnan for being with me and others who are genuinely hard in this forums and also other events too. The admins should take care of this matter as soon as possible and discourage all the cheating done. Also the points for those activities should be deducted. If even if they cheat again, then it should result in deletion o their accounts.

Even though you cannot make to 10K cause you joined the competition, you deserve equal appraisal for working so hard without expecting anything from others. If tehre weren't many cheats, i am sure your rank would be in top 50 or atleast in 40 even though you joined the competition after it was half complete. Smile
    Friday, June 8, 2007 6:03 AM
  • Thanks for the words of encouragement. When i joined the contest, my rank was somewhere around 1500, now i am very happy to be in the top 100. Who knows, maybe with the updation of points for forum this month, maybe i can make it to atleast top 50. Lets hope for the best.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 9:52 AM
  • After the points for the fake activities are deleted, you will make it easily to the top 50 Stick out tongue hehe even without the forum points.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 10:29 AM
  • Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 11:05 AM
  • Waiting for the admins to take action Smile
    Friday, June 8, 2007 11:20 AM
  • 3 its me GM MURUGAN_M_1df29a

Two days back he was on rank 8, and now on 3rd Stick out tongue why is he alone getting the points ? for what activities is he getting points ?

Friday, June 8, 2007 12:13 PM
  • Maybe there is a loophole.I have a guess, this is been done by which technique. I dont want to disclose the technique now, cos it may encourage more cheaters. I think it has something to do with text boxes. If anybody has guessed what i am talking about, do you think that this is a possibility?
    Friday, June 8, 2007 1:28 PM
  • yes wat u r tellin is correct my ranking too came down suddenly to an unexpected level .... and still its decreasing ..... wat ever i do its not increasing but day by day gradually it gets goin lower .....
    Friday, June 8, 2007 2:08 PM
  • Hey friends

I seen that lots of people thinking like

So admin should check this Thread .

I cant too much participate in this discussion coz my Exam r going on .

TC

Friday, June 8, 2007 3:25 PM
  • Its time for another note to the admins

ADMINS - Please read this thread and check if our suspicions are correct and try to resolve the problem.

Friday, June 8, 2007 4:13 PM
  • Waiting for the admins to take immediate actions Smile
    Friday, June 8, 2007 4:25 PM
  • Waiting for a word from the Admins/.....
    Friday, June 8, 2007 5:58 PM
  • Donno when would they reply. I think they are going to use their same policy again."Action speaks louder than words" I think they will do what they feel is right and just, and then we will come to know about it Smile
    Friday, June 8, 2007 6:25 PM
  • Since we havent heard a peek from the admins in the forums, i dont think we should expect a reply. But we all now, that the admins are updated and they WILL take action, so lets chill.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 6:34 PM
  • Well Admins surely dont reply here, but they post announcements, I think if they post a announcement for the matter, it will be good...
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 3:41 AM
  • Then lets wait for the announcement and hope for the best.
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 8:33 AM
  • Hope for the best. Hope the admins does just Smile
    Saturday, June 9, 2007 4:06 PM
  • I have a suggestion guys,
    Lets disable the referal facility for the last 15 days of the competition, I mean all the points given for the last 15 days for the referals be invalid and the link be disabled...

As it is if someone is making a referal in the last 15 days, its a pure indication of Gaining points only.. because it wont be useful for a person joining in june for the competition.. So its worthless having that facility for the last 15 days...

Wat say guys???
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 5:54 PM
  • I agree with you mate. There is no use in referring a person in the month of June. Cause there is no way in which a person can make 10K, but may be a if that person wants, he can signup the site and have a look at the whitepapers. May be that will stop the people  from misusing this feature.
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:53 PM
  • I personally dont think, that disabling the referral feature will be of any use. The admins will either how detect and remove the points for the fake referrals. In fact i think this can be a good thing for the rest of us. In the last 15 days, people will get desperate and try to misuse the system, will definitely get caught and thier points will be reduced or will be disqualified from the contest. Cheaters will get thier due REWARD.
    Sunday, June 10, 2007 7:22 PM
  • I think the admins have purposefully not disabled this referral feature. May be they want to find out the persons who are doing fake activities and exploiting the system, so that they can have a proof ad disqualify them. May be they want to check how many participants are taking part in this contest with their true souls Wink MS wants true souls.
    Monday, June 11, 2007 1:20 AM
  • A lot of people have 'True souls'. Lets see how the admins deal with this. I am waiting most eagerly for a response from them. But i had taken part in the Web Rockstars contest from MS also, and they just declared that some participants did not adhre to the rules. How, why nothing was mentioned. I hope we get explanations this time. Criticism when taken postively, acts as the best mechanism for self improvement.
    Monday, June 11, 2007 3:59 PM
  • Hey Adnan, can you please explain about the Web Rockstar, and links to it, if it still exists, and what all activities was involved in it. ? I completely have no idea about it. Am i missing something ?
    Monday, June 11, 2007 4:53 PM
  • Even i m unaware of what you are saying.. can you elaborate on it...
    Monday, June 11, 2007 6:33 PM
  • i googled, and i found out this.

http://www.webrockstars.in/

Man we are hardly knowing of few contests organized by MS, i think they should do some serious publicity.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 9:28 AM
  • are the answer page shows the marked answers of the last 30 days.. so he must have been a little inactive recently and his last 30 days count must be decreasing as the days above last 30 days are not counted...
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:21 PM
  • The WebRockstars contest, was held by MS about 5-6 months back. This contest was held with the release of MS Visual suite. The contest had certain scenarios, like websites which had to be created using a product from the suite - Visual Web Developer. Even then the prizes were XBox 360 and a trip to Redmond.

I agree that MS should do more publicity. Thats why i suggested that ms should offer a feed, that we can subscribe to. This way students will know of new good oppurtunities. Had i known about this contest a little early, i also might have had a good chance to cross the 10k limit and be in the top 10. I dont regret it, but i wish these things not repeat....

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:43 PM
  • I think we now have more possibility to know about the different contests, as we will be participating in this forum , we can let others know if we come to know about any new contest.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:38 PM
  • Yes that is a good idea.. whenever someone comes to know of a new event, just alert other people here in the forums, so that no one looses out on any contest
    Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:52 PM
  • yes ..
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:30 AM
  • Great idea...
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:30 AM