Problem with 183 Session Progress RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have installed OCS 2007 Standard Edition and have Mediation Server installed on a separate server.  I have configured this to talk to a Selta IP-PBX on the gateway side. OCS works well. I Have jast tested a lot of scenarius and I don't have problems.

The first problem that I have met is following:
    I make a call from Comunicator to outside. From outside I riceive 183 Session Progress with session descriptor (connected an announcement). From Comunicator I don't listen the announcement but I listen the normal ringing.

Is it an OCS bug.

Thanks
    Thursday, June 21, 2007 10:02 AM

Answers

• RTM will be available very soon. May want to wait for it.I can't verify that it is fixed though. Would love some reporting on your experience/testing.

Thursday, August 2, 2007 5:51 AM

All replies

• I am a little confused by your post. You say you have tested a lot of scenarios but dont have any problems, and then you describe a problem. Can you describe the problem a little more? I can't quite follow your desciption.
    Friday, July 13, 2007 9:28 PM
  • Sorry,

I try to describe the problem.

I try to call from Comunicator to a mobile phone but the mobile phone is switched off. Mediation Server send an invite and first receive a 100 Trying message and after receive a 183 Session Progress with SDP. This Message that Comunicator receive inform the comunicator to open the audio channel because there is un announcement (the announchement that the pubblic network sends, says " the mobile phone is not raggiungibile in this moment, try later").

the problem is that I don't listen this announcement from Comunicator but I listen the Comunicator's ring tone.

So I suppose that the 183 Session Progress is not supported.

Regards Tonino

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 8:49 AM
  • We have the same problem when calling to a service number which plays an announcement before ISUP ANM message. Communicator user only hears the ring back tone, not the announcement.

Short description of “183 Session Progress” usage:
    http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/99jul/slides/mmusic-sip183-99jul/index.html

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:19 AM
  • Any ideas how to solve this issue?
    Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:04 AM
  • For the moment the only idea that can solve this issue is:

After to send 183 Session Progress you must send (by proxy or wrapper) a 200 OK to OCS forcing the channal opening.

This is a bad procedure but now you can receive the anouncement on the Comunicator.

I think that it is a serious problem. I suppose and I hope that this is a Beta issue.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:31 PM
  • I have escalated this issue. Hopefully, we will get a response. Are any of you able to upgrade to RC and test it?

Friday, July 27, 2007 7:03 PM
  • Is RC already available and where is it available? Is upgrade from public beta to RC supported?

We can test it if there is a real reason to believe that 183 session progress has been fixed in the RC version.

Monday, July 30, 2007 8:56 AM
  •  

Also we can try to test Rc. The 183 session progress problem is important for us. Is RC already avalaible?
    Monday, July 30, 2007 9:13 AM
  • RTM will be available very soon. May want to wait for it.I can't verify that it is fixed though. Would love some reporting on your experience/testing.

Thursday, August 2, 2007 5:51 AM