Sync update delete on server data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
       When I was going thru the sync help topics, I came across this logic in the stored procedures that applied data [insert, update, delete] on the server. I was not sure about some part of this and hence this question

Code Snippet

(@sync_force_write = 1 " + "OR (UpdateTimestamp <= @sync_last_received_anchor " + "OR UpdateId = @sync_client_id))

I was wondering about the last part of this logic where it says

Code Snippet

OR UpdateId = @sync_client_id

Is this required? Wont the first check

Code Snippet

UpdateTimestamp <= @sync_last_received_anchor

alone work? 

My understanding of the logic is

If its not a force_write, we will update the data only if its not been changed since the last time we did a sync

Please update me if my understanding is wrong. I have been thinking about it and was not able to figure out the need for the last check.

Thanks
    Raj

• Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 6:32 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 7:35 PM

Answers

• this condition for the update command is to ensure no conflict was raised if the row was immediately updated by the same client either in the same sync ( same table to be in different sync group ) or in different syncs ( e.g. uploadonly case ).

thanks

Yunwen

Monday, January 12, 2009 10:34 PM

All replies

• this condition for the update command is to ensure no conflict was raised if the row was immediately updated by the same client either in the same sync ( same table to be in different sync group ) or in different syncs ( e.g. uploadonly case ).

thanks

Yunwen

Monday, January 12, 2009 10:34 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Yunwen,
    That answered my doubt.

Raj
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:21 AM