Viewing Saved Animations RRS feed

• Question

• I love that in the new version the ability to create animations has been added. It is great that it can be shared to so.cl as well.  However, I am trying to figure out how I can share the file directly to Twitter or Facebook and have the animation play. I understand that it may not be possible at this time due to the way those sites interpret the file. Can someone provide details on how the animation is actually saved, and perhaps figure out a way to allow all the social sites to play the animation?
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:14 PM

All replies

• Thanks for your query. The best way to share to Socl, FB and Twitter is directly from the app. The way the animation plays on Socl vs Facebook vs Twitter are all different due to each platform supporting a different technology. We store the individual frames and use different ways to play them on each platform:

(a) On Socl

On Socl the images are played in a back and forth loop using simple javascript

(b) On Facebook

When you share a BLINK on your Facebook wall, users can actually click on the BLINK and have it play on the wall itself. FB only supports flash so in this case we have a flash player that will play the animation on the wall itself.

(c) Twitter

Unfortunately twitter doesn't support any kind of playback on the feed so all we can do is to tweet a link from the app which will take you to Socl to view it there.

Hope this helps?

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 4:36 PM