WHS "Vail" Beta: Installation - ERROR 31 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have problems installing WHS Vail Beta...during "copying Windows Files" ... after e few moments...still at 0%...there is an error:

"ERROR: Win7 Setup exited with 31" ..." failed to launch setup"...

Does anybody knows what this error 31 means?

Thankx

Friday, August 27, 2010 12:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The maschine was running fine.

I checked the check-sum from the iso and the burned data was verified...even with an other DVD burned at low speed the error is still there...

I have 2Gb Ram, an 3 Ghz intel Xeon x64 and a adaptec RAID 2120S...that should be fine...

Has anyone an other idea?

Thx

Vail doesn't have RAID drivers.  Did you provide the drivers?  You need to either A) break the array or B) provide the drivers manually.  Also, FYI, RAID is not supported.
    Monday, August 30, 2010 2:21 PM

All replies

• A device attached to system not functioning properly

If machine was working fine before the install, I'd guess a bad burn of the iso or a corrupted iso download to begin with.

Friday, August 27, 2010 5:47 PM
  • Hi,

I checked the check-sum from the iso and the burned data was verified...even with an other DVD burned at low speed the error is still there...

I have 2Gb Ram, an 3 Ghz intel Xeon x64 and a adaptec RAID 2120S...that should be fine...

Thx

Monday, August 30, 2010 2:00 PM
  • Hi,

Thx

Vail doesn't have RAID drivers.  Did you provide the drivers?  You need to either A) break the array or B) provide the drivers manually.  Also, FYI, RAID is not supported.
    Monday, August 30, 2010 2:21 PM
  • By chance are you using the Western Digital advanced format drives?  I am, and it is reported as a known issue.  So much of an issue that they suggest using another drive as the primary for the server.  If you have these drives, I believe terminating jumper 8 prepares them for proper alignment in OSes prior to Vista / Server 2008.  I may just terminate the jumper and give it a go.    I will post again with my findings.
    Monday, August 30, 2010 9:49 PM
  • Hi,

Thx for your answers.

I am using Maxtor Drives.

And I load the drivers...by clicking "Load Drivers"...from an USB...the drives then appear in the drive selection to select the drive for the installation....so the drivers seem to work...

There´s no other Hardware.

I Think the problem isnt the RAID Controller because:

As i had an normal old 250GB i connected it to my motherboard and disconnected all RAID and SCSI Controllers...like a normal system.

But the error re-appeard...so i couldnt install it even an normal drive...

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:42 AM