none
Need to change a forum title

Question

• I was asked where to ask about support for Server 2016 and Server 2016 essentials.

1. When will the forums reflect that 2016 is released and thus a supported product?

2. Can you change the wording on this forum https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserveressentials to reflect that 2016 has been released?

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 8:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• I doubt they would rename a forum because its going to affect all the previous threads as well. I thought at one point they were moving away from forum names tied to specific versions of products but then they created all the *2012* forums. Hard to tell the direction now.

You can ask / suggest a new forum here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=suggest

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 10, 2016 1:39 PM
  • Hi Susan,

I'm shocked that they don't have Server 2016 forums yet as they do seem to not be moving to generic forum names.

They have the product specific 2016 forums already, so I expected to find a list of Server 2016 forums. Of course, the products have been out longer than Server 2016 so perhaps the forums are on the way.

Karl 

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, November 10, 2016 3:55 PM
  • Hi Susan,

Did you also try to contact forum's issues team?

You bring a very good point.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, November 11, 2016 5:08 AM
  • I sent email to the team asking them to open a new forum for Windows Server 2016... Let's wait for the response :-)

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Sunday, November 13, 2016 6:18 PM
  • Susan, FYI

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=ws2016

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 10:27 PM
  • That's server general, what about Essentials?
    Tuesday, November 15, 2016 10:34 PM
  • We can ask and see what happens.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 10:36 PM
  • It turns out the request can only be made by a microsoft full time employee. I made a request thru Lisa A. I'd suggest you do the same.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 11:37 PM
  • I had Lisa's attention long enough to get approval but she did not follow thru to submit the required form. I created this suggestion so you could also vote it up.

https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/295047-general-feedback/suggestions/17208791-we-need-a-new-technet-forum-named-windows-server-2

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 3:36 PM
  • It's a released product.  I don't get why we need to "upvote" a community forum.  When Microsoft releases a product there should be a forum. 
    Tuesday, November 22, 2016 6:54 PM
  • Agreed. Someone dropped the ball. The forums application contractors cannot create or even request new forums. The request must come from a microsoft full time employee.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 7:35 PM
  • Update: I got Lisa's attention again and the new forum request has been submitted.

Monday, November 28, 2016 1:27 AM
  • Now waiting on forum brand owner for approval.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 1:44 AM
  • Susan, new forum is now public.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=ws16essentials

(you're also a moderator)

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 4:35 AM
  • Thank you very very much for this!
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 4:56 PM
  • Thank you very very much for this!

Susan, it turns out there are problems with this. I just found out new forums do not inherit any support. So it currently has no ownership (outside of myself), no contractor support, nothing. I set it back to private until that can be worked out which may be beyond me.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 5:05 PM
  • Don't please.  I'm already listed as a moderator there and will handle support.  If you want to make me owner (if that's allowed) by all means do so. But this product already has people asking about it and finding solutions to problems that need to be communicated.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 5:08 PM
  • Ok, that's fine then I'll leave it in your hands. I searched out a few other mods in 2012 Essentials forum and added them as well. I gave the ownership to the current 2012 Essentials forum owner.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 5:13 PM