CRM 4.0 Import Organization Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

A client of ours is currently redeploying CRM 4.0 on a new test server.  When they get to importing the organization and after the last user has been successfully imported they receive the following error:

10:31:20|  Error| Import Organization (Name=HarrisCounty, Id=fac9c577-3f1d-de11-adea-000c2953422d) failed with Exception:

Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Could not find a plugin using assembly name and type

at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.PluginTypeServiceInternal`1.GetIdFromTypeAndAssemblyName(String typeName, String assemblyName, String publicKeyToken, String assemblyVersion, String culture, ExecutionContext context)

at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.WorkflowDefinitionVisitor.Visit(CustomActivityStep isvActivityStep)

at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.ObjectModel.CustomActivityStep.Apply(StepVisitorBase visitor)

at Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.WorkflowDefinitionVisitor.Visit(WorkflowStep workflowStep)

at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.WorkflowServiceInternal`1.CreateDefinitionFromObjectModel(ExecutionContext context, WorkflowEntity definition, List`1 dependencies, List`1 customActivityIds)

at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.WorkflowServiceInternal`1.PublishInPlace(WorkflowEntity definition, ExecutionContext context)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.ImportOrganizationInstaller.RepublishWorkflow(ExecutionContext context, WorkflowUIData workflowData)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.ImportOrganizationInstaller.ProcessWorkflowUIData(ExecutionContext context)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.ImportOrganizationInstaller.Import(Guid organizationId, String organizationUniqueName, String organizationFriendlyName, String sqlServerName, String databaseName, Uri reportServerUrl, String privilegedUserGroupName, String sqlAccessGroupName, String userGroupName, String reportingGroupName, String privilegedReportingGroupName, ICollection`1 users, MultipleTenancy multipleTenancy)

I'm assuming that this has something to do with the custom workflows we have developed for this soltuion.  I have had the client move the custom workflow assembly files to the new /Server/bin/assembly directory and try the import, but they are still receiving the same error.  I have also had the client un-register the custom workflow assemblies from the old instance of CRM and try the import; again the same error. Any suggestions as to what is causing this error and soltuions.  Any help would be valuable.  Thanks.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 4:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• This forum is for MSDN and TechNet Search Feedback.

Your question isn't on search.

Moving to Off-topic.

WSS FAQ sites: WSS 2.0: http://wssv2faq.mindsharp.com WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007: http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com
    Total list of WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007 Books (including foreign language titles) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/Lists/v3%20WSS%20FAQ/V%20Books.aspx
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 4:35 AM
  • Hello Josh,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in the 'MSDN > Forums Home > Software Development for Windows Client > Windows Workflow Foundation > CRM 4.0 Workflow' located here:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsworkflowfoundation/thread/d423ca4f-7e8b-4c1d-8b40-89ddcfb50e6b/

Have a great day!

Thanks!

SachinW Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Marked as answer by SachinW Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:09 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by SachinW Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:09 AM
    • Proposed as answer by SachinW Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by SachinW Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:59 AM
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:09 AM
  • Josh-

Did you ever resolve this issue (as I didn't see this get re-posted as suggested below)? I am receiving the same error when attempt to import our production organization into our development environment. Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

Thanks-
    Anthony
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 8:40 PM
  • Josh-

Did you ever resolve this issue (as I didn't see this get re-posted as suggested below)? I am receiving the same error when attempt to import our production organization into our development environment. Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

Thanks-
    Anthony

I am also facing same issue. in my CRM, All the Plug-ins are registered in database. All the workflow is designed in CRM only. One worklfow calling a Plug-ins.

Still facing same erro. Any help would be highly appriciated as I need to UP my UAT/Test server in very short time.

Shubh
    Monday, February 1, 2010 1:39 PM