Synchronize with media devices (mp4 players) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all
    I want to synchronize my Archos 7 with WHS, but didn't find how I could do it. If I try to copy any files by RDN - it says about "need convert files" and blocks coping. I try to use a special soft, as SyncPro - it doesn't work, because the WHS sees my Archos as mediadevice, not as ext-HDD. How can I do it - synchronize any folders (Video and Photo) when I connect Archos to WHS. Any ideas?

Thanks. 
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:56 PM

All replies

• You should install your Archos software on a client machine (one that is connected by ethernet preferrably) and sync the Archos on the Client Computer.
    --
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 6:08 PM
  • You should install your Archos software on a client machine (one that is connected by ethernet preferrably) and sync the Archos on the Client Computer.
    --
    Thanks, but it is not a very usability way, I think. Because it need to use other computer and need to use my network. I want to copy new files only to my player, and don't use any other PC in this time. 
    Friday, February 12, 2010 9:36 AM
  • Granted over a wireless network it would be slow - perhaps you could upgrade to wired?
    --
    Friday, February 12, 2010 11:12 AM
  • You're probably going to get a lot more assistance on the specifics of your problem if you A) consult the documentation of your Archos device, and B)  ask the manufacturer of your Archos device. We can give you a general tip ("Install the archos software on a client machine ... and sync ..." for example) but not a lot of specifics.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, February 12, 2010 12:33 PM