False alert about backups? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit client that appears to be backing up properly but I am getting an alert that it hasn't been backed up in more than 8 days. When I look at the client properties in the dashboard, it shows that the backups are all current and are successful. If I delete the alert, it comes right back. Any thoughts?

IT Consultant

Saturday, June 30, 2012 7:34 PM

All replies

• Is the alert showing in Alert Viewer in WHS 2011 dashboard? Have you tried "ignore the alert"? Does it occur on all client computer or just one specific computer? You can collect log files and check for details:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/log-collector-1

Sean Zhu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 5, 2012 7:57 AM
  • Yes, the alert is showing in the Alert Viewer and I am not able to ignore it. It only occurs on 1 computer. How can I get you the log files? It looks like there are 3 zipped log files with a total size of almost 50MB.

IT Consultant

Friday, July 6, 2012 1:14 AM
  • You can upload it to skydrive. 
    Friday, July 6, 2012 4:55 AM
  • You can upload it to skydrive. 
    How? If I upload it to my skydrive account, how will anyone else be able to access it?

IT Consultant

Friday, July 6, 2012 9:36 PM
  • Put it in the "Documents (Public)" folder and post the link.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Here are the logs thanks to Phil!

Click here for logs

IT Consultant

Saturday, July 7, 2012 6:22 PM
  • Thank you Phil, much appreciated. I don't use skydrive much so I'm not familiar.

IT Consultant

Saturday, July 7, 2012 6:22 PM