locked
Removing Add-In entries RRS feed

  • Question

  • I installed Awieco DriveInfo  0.5.0.0 some time ago with no problem. I then installed  DriveInfo 0.5.1.0 without uninstalling version 0.5.0.0. Now two entries exist in the vail Dashboard for DriveInfo i.e. 0.5.0.0 & 0.5.1.0 with only one version actually installed. If  remove one entry using "Remove Add-In" the Add-In is removed (along with the code) but the other entry is still left in the Add-In list. Attempting to remove the remaining Add-In proceeds without error but the entry is not removed. Attempting to re-intall the version listed results in a "this add-in is already installed error".

    How can I remove the entry / where is the list of installed add-ins stored?  

    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 8:18 AM

Answers

  • Hi Daedelus,

    to remove the entry in your add-ins list, browse to the following folder:

    1. "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Data\settingsproviderdata\WEBSERVICESPLATFORM\ADDINS\"

    2. Rename or remove the .xml file with the correct DriveInfo entry.

    3. Restart the Dashboard and the entry should disappear.

    Kind regards
    Elvis


    AWIECO - home server solutions
    • Marked as answer by Daedelus Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:29 AM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 11:59 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Same here. Have not found a solution at this point yet.

    Temporary work around:
    Install "the other version" - then uninstall the version that would not uninstall. You may have to do a round-about :-)

    This will leave the Dashboard with the latest DriveInfo installed. And it is functional. Only problem is that now this version will not uninstall properly.
    That is - untill we do find a fix :-)
    - Theo.


    No home server like Home Server
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:44 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Daedelus,

    to remove the entry in your add-ins list, browse to the following folder:

    1. "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Data\settingsproviderdata\WEBSERVICESPLATFORM\ADDINS\"

    2. Rename or remove the .xml file with the correct DriveInfo entry.

    3. Restart the Dashboard and the entry should disappear.

    Kind regards
    Elvis


    AWIECO - home server solutions
    • Marked as answer by Daedelus Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:29 AM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 11:59 PM
  • Hi Daedelus,

    to remove the entry in your add-ins list, browse to the following folder:

    1. "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Data\settingsproviderdata\WEBSERVICESPLATFORM\ADDINS\"

    2. Rename or remove the .xml file with the correct DriveInfo entry.

    3. Restart the Dashboard and the entry should disappear.

    Kind regards
    Elvis


    AWIECO - home server solutions

     

    Thanks - it works a treat :)

    Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:29 AM