CRM SharePoint List Component - Permission Issue / Customization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Trying to configure permissions when using CRM SharePoint integration, I noticed that the List Component Iframe does not respect the permission I configure in SharePoint (2013) for the document library.

I have new folder creation set to false and removed the delete permission for the document library,

however the user can still create folder and delete the files in CRM Documents tab.

Is this by design..? Is there a way to remove/hide the buttons from the CRM List Components?

Or is there any other workaround?

Thanks,

Andreas

• Edited by crsnt Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:11 AM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:10 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply but I think you missed my question. I still want the user to be able to upload document , check in/out etc. 
    just not delete and creating a new folder in the doc library.

UPDATE: Turns out I had single-sign-on on my SP 2013 using diff domain account than the CRM test domain account.
    Opening SP with the same test domain account, the Delete permission works correctly.

Just the New Folder permission is not working properly - the user can still create a new folder in CRM despite the doc library new folder creation turned off.
    UPDATE: seems like the doc lib setting for New Folder creation only hides button from SP UI. There is no easy way to hide it in CRM List Component.
    We can't prevent them using ItemAdding feature since the folder needs to be created for new CRM records.

I hope down the track Microsoft can make the list component looks at New Folder setting as well to remove the appropriate button.

Regards,
    Andreas

• Edited by crsnt Wednesday, October 9, 2013 12:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by crsnt Wednesday, October 9, 2013 12:45 AM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 12:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have not tried that one but you could try it, remove Document Location entity read permission (Core Records Tab in security role).

HTH, 

Hope this helps. If you get answer of your question, please mark the response as an answer and vote as helpful !
    Vikram !

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:13 AM
  • Thanks for the reply but I think you missed my question. I still want the user to be able to upload document , check in/out etc. 
    just not delete and creating a new folder in the doc library.

UPDATE: Turns out I had single-sign-on on my SP 2013 using diff domain account than the CRM test domain account.
    Opening SP with the same test domain account, the Delete permission works correctly.

Just the New Folder permission is not working properly - the user can still create a new folder in CRM despite the doc library new folder creation turned off.
    UPDATE: seems like the doc lib setting for New Folder creation only hides button from SP UI. There is no easy way to hide it in CRM List Component.
    We can't prevent them using ItemAdding feature since the folder needs to be created for new CRM records.

I hope down the track Microsoft can make the list component looks at New Folder setting as well to remove the appropriate button.

Regards,
    Andreas

• Edited by crsnt Wednesday, October 9, 2013 12:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by crsnt Wednesday, October 9, 2013 12:45 AM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 12:07 PM