Verfying multiple sites in the same root folder? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I am using DotNetNuke (ASP.net) and different installation portals for several websites / domain names.

I manage to verify the first submitted website, but after that the verification file can not be found.

I noticed that MSN generate a different User code for each Domain I enter, but with the same file name I cant have multiple verification files in the root?

How do I verify several website with the same root folder?

Thanks

Olle..

Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Olle,

Every time you want to access your domain's tools, we will re-verify your site, so writing over the xml file is not a viable solution. However, the meta tag option will work. When you register the domain in our tools, we provide an option to use either meta tag validation or XML file validation. The meta tag code is located just below the xml option (and code).  

You will need to remove your sites from your site list and add them back in to regenerate the meta tag code. Removing your sites will not affect Live.com indexing.

Cheers,

Brett

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:05 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, there is not a way to do that with an xml file currently. Have you tried the meta tag option?

Brett

Monday, November 24, 2008 9:41 PM
  •  

Thanks Brett

That’s no good, it is Microsoft’s own “ASP.net” portal system?

Anyway, I managed to activate different Domains by just overwriting the file with the new key, but if the system goes back to re-confirm a domain there won’t be a key for it.

What do you mean with “Meta tag”?

Can I create a meta tag with the generated identification code?

What name do I put on the Meta tag?

Cheers Mate…

Olle…

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:30 AM
  • Hi Olle,

Every time you want to access your domain's tools, we will re-verify your site, so writing over the xml file is not a viable solution. However, the meta tag option will work. When you register the domain in our tools, we provide an option to use either meta tag validation or XML file validation. The meta tag code is located just below the xml option (and code).  

You will need to remove your sites from your site list and add them back in to regenerate the meta tag code. Removing your sites will not affect Live.com indexing.

Cheers,

Brett

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:05 PM
  •  Ollep wrote:

Hi

I am using DotNetNuke (ASP.net) and different installation portals for several websites / domain names.

I manage to verify the first submitted website, but after that the verification file can not be found.

I noticed that MSN generate a different User code for each Domain I enter, but with the same file name I cant have multiple verification files in the root?

How do I verify several website with the same root folder?

Thanks

Olle..

You can authorize more than one site with the same LiveSeachSiteAuth.xml file.  You have to add all the codes into the one file.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <users>
    <user>your site code 1</user>
    <user>your site code 2</user>
    <user>your site code 3</user>
    </users>
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 3:33 AM
  •  

Thanks Brett

The Meta tags works fine.

Now I just going to figure out how to enter meta tags in my "Wordpress Blog"

cheers for now

Olle...

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:04 AM