How to create a project in Microsoft Dynamic CRM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am just working on CRM features. In this I have to know about Projects in CRM.

Scenario

Suppose one big contract won by any company and obviously they need all sales etc. Then they want services also as mentioned. So our engineer will go and deploy servers and all clients setups etc etc. How much time they spent on this etc etc all the things should be there in project.

So this comes under our company project. So where we can add the project in CRM.

Thank you,

Friday, July 12, 2013 9:19 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Your answer is completly depends on your company's strategies. If your company is only interested on the spent times for a customer and such simple issues, then you could simply customize the "Order" entity or add some custom entities to it to met your requirements (most of them are costs and travels). If you want to do more complex actions in CRM for project management I could suggest you two options:

1- If you want to buy an ISV solution then you could find some on Microsoft pinpoint. In my opinion the best of the is this one. You could also have a look at this and this. I have worked with almost all of them. They could easily give you a wide range of feature for you requirements.

2- Develop your own project management system. As you know, your company requirements and environments could have some difference from others. Hence, you may develop your own solution. I worked with those mentioned solutions and then created a solution based on our requirements.

All of the three suggestions is completely depends on your company strategies, as I mentioned above.

My Weblog | My Website

Friday, July 12, 2013 9:34 AM